Trying to sell house. and moving to brisbane

Guest Vanessa.M

Guest Vanessa.M

Hi I am Vanessa and am hoping to move this year to Brisbane with the family, which is proving harder than expected, due to the house not selling. We were hoping to get the children into St Pauls school and quite liked the look of Chermside, Albany Creek. What do others think of the area, or the schools?.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hoolys9

Hi Vanessa,

We moved over to Brisbane this year in March and had a rightr hassle selling our house in the UK.

The first buyers dropped out the same day that our furniture was shipped which was great....

We had to move back into the empty house and lived with nothing for 6 monts before we had sold again.... it was a complete nightmare!

Sorry but I dont know the area that you are moving to, we are living in Capalaba which is about 22k south east of Brisbane, its a great place as its easy to get into the City if you want too and near Wellington Point and Cleveland which is good for the coast.

We have 2 boys aged 7 & 8 who go to the local school and its great although I have heard that Capalaba high is not up to much although there is Ormiston Collage not far from here which we will end up sending them to I think.

Has your application all gone thought now? why did you choose Chirmside/Albany Creek?

Mark & Andrea

• 2 years later...
Guest homesellers

As your looking to sell your home and concern about your children. You can get best advise from realtor's . I got an site which can help you regarding this which I got online while I was selling my home.

Home Sellers Needed.com

Guest michael_byriel

I am not sure if you are aware of this but if you currently have a contract on your property in the UK why not offer a subject to completion offer/contract on a property you are looking at down here? If you currently do not have a contract on your property in the UK but have it listed for sale then why not try offering a 'subject to sale' contract/offer on a property in Australia. This may get you a foot in the door.

Guest cashforhouses

As you are looking to move to Brisbane and thinking of children you can contact realtor who will have an idea when it will be sold and according to that you can plan

sellhouse

• 3 years later...
Guest eileendevillers
Hi I am Vanessa and am hoping to move this year to Brisbane with the family, which is proving harder than expected, due to the house not selling. We were hoping to get the children into St Pauls school and quite liked the look of Chermside, Albany Creek. What do others think of the area, or the schools?.

I lived in this area for 4 years. My children went to a private school in North Lakes area and Grace Lutheran at High School age. Saint Paul's is a good school with a solid reputation but as with any school...you get good teachers and poor ones. It is hit and miss. Grace is a cheaper option and it is a great school. I have never heard anything but compliments. Both are good options in the area. I am a teacher myself so have an inside view as well as being a parent. If you really do want more info then let me know. There are some lovely areas...a lot of Brits go to North Lakes as it has everything but it is very artificial and houses are built so close to each other that you can hear each other think. I have just recently moved to Auckland and am thinking of putting my house on the market. It is in Petrie on Pine which is a great place. It is between Strathpine and North Lakes and a direct line to Brisbane as the train stop is 2 minutes away. There are some great places around but you really have to do your homework. Chermside would not be good in my opinion.

Guest Guest31881

I have closed this thread, it has been 6 years since the thread started and 3 years since the last questions were asked, I presume by now they have sorted things out.:biggrin:

Archived