sponsers

Guest rob and angela

Guest rob and angela

hi all basiclally our jobs aint on the sol so thats a nil point straight away although we heard about companys sponsering you etc so where do we start on that issue im a class one trucker so is banging out lots of e mails to w.a trucking firms the answer or are we doomed to live in this country,,,,any help would be grateful cheers....rob and angela....

Hiya Brisbane is screaming for drivers,and like you i cannot understand why they havnt yet been added to the 'wanted' list ,if you look at http://www.alljobs.com and type in hgv driver etc it will bring up all the jobs Oz wide ,,you can narrow down to region search too if you fancy one paticular area,i would contact as many companys as possible and sell yourself ,mentioning you need sponsership ,,most companys probably wont even reply but you only need one who does,i have also noticed alot of hgv work is down to owner drivers dont quite know how you would stand in this case,,hope this helps also like Gill said have a chat with phil olsen as ,,if theres a way in he will know ,,

good luck

Cal x

Guest rob and angela

hi thanks for the reply cal get onto it asap,seems the a.u gov dont want a mass of forgien drivers arriving on your shore from eastern europe in particular i think but thanks for the web sites etc cheers rob and angela .....and were thinking of coming over at end of year to do a bit of a rekkie in w.a. but anyeway in a.u will do fine cheers ....

Don't forget that you can't just switch your UK license for an assie one, get in a lorry and drive. You have to re-take your tests and this includes theory as well as practical. Michael has his HGV Class 1 and can apply to take his Heavy Combination once we get there, he's thankful he doesn't have to go back to 7.5 tonne and work his way back up.

Guest rob and angela

hi felicity and michael thanks for the reply,yeh been reading hgv tests etc feel the same about 7.5 tonners,so are you both getting in on michaels hgv license,been driving class 1 since 91 so be good to sit test again lol, thanks again ..rob and angela..

Archived