Adelaide advice please

Guest wingy

Hi was wondering if anyone could tell me good areas to live in adelaide with very young family aged 1 and 3 and whats weather like in summer and winter ie temp wise

Thanks for any info

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tinbasher

G'day

It all depends on your price range and where you would be working. I was speaking to a family from South Africa and they had been given advice on schools and houses and when they came over they put their children in the school and the area they had been advised to by people who lived here. Unfortunately they did not realise just how big Adelaide is, they came over rented a house put the children in the school and then got a job. Sadly the job was at the other side of Adelaide and too far to travel to home and school so they had to up-root again and move across town, which cost them a great deal of money. If you have an idea of where you will be working then it is easier to tell you the good and bad places in that area. Or you could go on realestate.com.au and look at houses and find an area that you like the look of and then I am sure people will tell you if the area is good or not. There are plently of lovely places over here and only a handful of areas to avoid. I hope that helps!

Mrs TinB :wacko:

Guest tinbasher

G'day

Henley Beach is a lovely suburb, I guess you have managed to get a rental. It is not too far from the beach, depending on where you are, you can walk to the beach from there. Henley Beach has a nice square with resturants that look onto the beach and the sea. We drive past it everyday as we go to and from work. It is well situated to get North or South of the city and it is about 20-25 minutes to get into the city from there depending on the traffic. I am sure you will really like it there.

Hope that helps

Mrs TinB :rolleyes:

Guest leanne in queensland

hi i lived in hallett cove a lovely place lots of poms there so easy to find friends weather is very cold in winter and you get very very hot days in summer, summer is normaly arranged 25 degrees but you have days were it can reach in the 40s. good luck leanne x

Hi Wingy

Have you seen this website?

OzBurbs.com | Aussie Suburb Information

We have found it pretty useful to get some background info on various suburbs, also try this one

Adelaide Destinations

and

Adelaide Bound - making migrating to Adelaide, South Australia easier. Info for those wishing to emigrate to South Australia

Hope you find some useful info.

Archived