Citizenship ceremonies

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

Are you allowed to take guests to the ceremony and if so does anyone know how many?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question

Guest The Pom Queen

Like Tim says i think it will vary between states. Rob's parents were here for ours and they brought along an elderly couple who were friends of theirs, so with us and them there were 9 of us.

Guest JoanneHattersley

We cant take our test until 20th March! That was the next available date!!! I have a queue of people that said "we`d love to be able to be there". Mum and Dad top the list for me though!!!

Hopefully we pass and hand in the application on 20.03.09 and then we`ll be aussies as soon as we can after that!

I cant wait for it Ali! Its like the final seal on emigration! We came, we saw, we lived the life and now we want to be one!! LOL!

Lucky you between applying for the test and actually being told of the migration ceremony it took 11 months. 5 months to actually get an appointment for the test and then loosing my application for for 4 months and then ROckingham council taking 2 months to arrange the date!

Good old WA (Wait Awhile!)

Guest JoanneHattersley

AH well TIm, you got there! You are an Aussie now so can really have a great AUSTRALIA Day on monday! I will be working!!!! I`ll make sure I wear my Aussie shirt tho!

Only 10 weeks wait for our test! LOL!

Ali - When can you apply?

We could apply 7th Jan, In WA they only book 9 weeks in advance so you can't book too far ahead, been told to hand our application in on the same day. I hope Melville City have their act together better than Rockingham Timmo

Guest PommieLady

We booked our interview before the requisite number of residency days (you have to take off holidays out of the country) with the interview being days after the appropriate number.

We were able to have our ceremony 3 weeks later but only because the letter that gets posted from Canbarra (I think) had arrived in time for us to be offered at the last minute places on the Australia Day ceremony. Although I had spoken to them saying we would like this day if possible, with the normal wait being 2-3 months, or longer with some councils.

We were allowed two guests, which was apparently to do with chairs and food. However as you can imagine that can be a lot of guests for say a family of four.

We were also given a good quality Australian flag (each) by one of the politicans. As well as VIP parking for the Australia Day celebrations.

:biggrin:

Archived