Wanted Down Under - Melbourne

buckbuchanan

Guest jonseywife

Nope.......... Makes you wander?????????:confused:

Thats where we are heading, (perhaps they must have all heard the news !!!!!!!!!! ) :laugh:

Guest jonseywife

Hope not!!!!!!

Everyone typically heads for Perth, Brisbane, Sydney etc., its only coz we have a friend in Melbourne, who talked us into giving it a go over there, reckons Melbourne is THE place to be......... Where abouts are you thinking of going & when?????

Well, we have also got friends in the Melbourne area who have said the same thing. They really love it. They used to live in Surrey but moved over there a few years ago. They have said that everything is much better - work, people, more space, etc, etc. We haven't sat down and decided where we are going to live but it will have to be within 1 hour commute of Melbourne and would like to be near a beach (who wouldn't!). We have been advised to get a big floor map of Melbourne and to sit down and look for an area to live in.

We are in the final stages of the visa application (everything has been sent off) so hope to get word back within the next few weeks. When it comes back we are going to sell our house and move out asap. It is getting quite scary now that it is so near and the thought of everything that needs to be organised is making me feel sick!!

When do you think you will be moving? Do you know where you are going?

Hello all of you bound for Melbourne.

We're off to Melbourne in June this year. Have had the visas in our passports for a few months now and we're getting ready for the BIG move. Can't wait and frightened at the same time!

We.....that is myself, husband and two boys aged 5 and almost 3.....are heading for Melbourne. We want to be no more than an hour away from CBD as husband will be looking for work in IT, and hopefully near to a 'good' government school for my boys. I have been looking at Sanctuary Lakes area recently after setting our sights on the Eastern suburbs, but it looks like you can get a bit more for your money (we'll be renting as keeping house in UK) with all those new developments out west. We have a month's rental on a house in Glen Waverley while we look for something longer term.

Hope to make a few 'friends' through this fab website as we won't know a soul when we get there!!!

Drea

The Miles Family.

Hello! I see that you're in Petersfield, only up road from us in Southsea, and we'ere heading for Melbourne in June!

I spend quite a bit of time in Petersfield. My husband lived there until he met me! My sister and her family live there and we have friends we visit there too!

Good luck with your preparations for moving!

Drea

Guest Al&Jo

I am sooo glad to see others are going to Melbourne. I watched every one of the 'Wanted down under' shows in the hope that someone would go to Melbourne. I was very worried!

I am also quite local, not quite as nice as Petersfield or Southsea, i'm in Gosport. Maybe Melbourne is only for southerners?

Jo

Guest SuzieQ

Hiya,

We're hoping to go to Melbourne too, thats me, OH and 2 teenagers! Yikes. We've just sent our meds off and are waiting for our OZ police checks to come back so hopefully by April sometime we might get the thumbs up. Its all starting to feel very real and a bit scarey but I know it will be worth the upheaval in the end. Good luck to all of you! X

Hello all of you bound for Melbourne.

We're off to Melbourne in June this year. Have had the visas in our passports for a few months now and we're getting ready for the BIG move. Can't wait and frightened at the same time!

We.....that is myself, husband and two boys aged 5 and almost 3.....are heading for Melbourne. We want to be no more than an hour away from CBD as husband will be looking for work in IT, and hopefully near to a 'good' government school for my boys. I have been looking at Sanctuary Lakes area recently after setting our sights on the Eastern suburbs, but it looks like you can get a bit more for your money (we'll be renting as keeping house in UK) with all those new developments out west. We have a month's rental on a house in Glen Waverley while we look for something longer term.

Hope to make a few 'friends' through this fab website as we won't know a soul when we get there!!!

Drea

The Miles Family.

Hi. Keep in touch - I hope we will be out there around the same time (maybe slightly later). We have 3 boys (5, 3 & 1) so like you have lots to do for the move. I might pick your brains about what the areas are like before we go over!!

Good luck.

Hello! I see that you're in Petersfield, only up road from us in Southsea, and we'ere heading for Melbourne in June!

I spend quite a bit of time in Petersfield. My husband lived there until he met me! My sister and her family live there and we have friends we visit there too!

Good luck with your preparations for moving!

Drea

Sorry... replied to your other post before I saw this one!! Strange as this may seem.... we moved to Petersfield from Southsea! We had a flat in Palmerston Road and we now live in Rams hill. Small world! If I see anyone in Oz wearing a Pompey top i'll be asking if it's you!!

I am sooo glad to see others are going to Melbourne. I watched every one of the 'Wanted down under' shows in the hope that someone would go to Melbourne. I was very worried!

I am also quite local, not quite as nice as Petersfield or Southsea, i'm in Gosport. Maybe Melbourne is only for southerners?

Jo

Hi Jo... Looks like we're colonising Melbourne doesn't it. I'm also glad other people are moving there. I did find it strange that not 1 of the programs was in Melbourne.

PS... I don't agree... I think Gosport is quite nice. I've spent many evenings out there (this was off course when I had a life, i.e. before I had kids).

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

theres your answer why no one want to go to Melbourne....pompey scum to melbourne, super saints to sydney ;0). BE LUCKY!

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi All

We too are well and trully Pompey Fans and we are heading to Melbourne.

Hi Jo and Al, we are from Gosport, small world. We are going to Hoppers Crossing, Point Cook, Truganania going to check them out soon, providing our house sale goes through we should be there by end of May 07. We will let you all know how we do and what it is like.

I agree, Down Under should have gone to Melbourne they used the same areas over again, a bit repetitive I think, sadly lost interest towards the end.

Maybe we can do a Pompey Fan BBQ Night when you get there.

Take Care

Mandie

Guest kimdownie

hi everyone,

I agree that they should of shown Melbourne on wanted down under, the only possible reason i could think of for not showing it is the weather. Depending on when it was filmed, it may of been bright sunshine in most of the places but it could of been their winter, as you will know some places in aus dont get colder than 15 degrees, where as melbourne can be very hot in the summer and very cold in winter. Maybe the programme makers believe that the only reason us brits go over is for the sun! how narrow minded!, my friends family have lived there for over 20 years and they all love it.

Kim

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

hey ,does that include me??? you can book me in as the court jester,ill wear my old saints shirt with Quasie on the back and you can point and laugh,itll only cost you a slab of tooheys dry and will even let you take pics ;0)

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Sainthurlock

You are more than welcome to our Pompey BBQ it would be good to have someone to do the dishes (only joking).

I am sure Saints are going up again into Premiership LOL.

Nathan

We'll be there too.....Portsmouth's gonna be dead quiet ... can't believe there's so many of us heading for Melbourne! I really must start sorting the house out.....Play up Pompey!

Guest Lou76

We're planning on going to Melbourne as well...looks fantastic, we can't wait! We had our medicals last week and sent off the police checkes yesterday so hopefully in a couple of months we'll have the visa. Just got to get the house finished and sold...!

By the way we're a Villa household...are we allowed in??!!

Archived