hope it works out

Troy&Kim

Hi to you all,

Were in the process of applying for permanent residency, 176 visa was received by immigration on the 7th of June 2008, still waiting for a case officer. Today I as looking at house prices throughout Australia, I just can’t believe the house prices.

My wife is a nurse and we are hoping to move this year, but with the house prices here dropping and the house prices in Aus, also the Pound against the dollar getting worse, I’m beginning to think that if it continues, I feel that it will be one hell of a struggle when we do move and one that I don’t relish.

Don’t get me wrong, I know you will have to work when you get there, but my wife will be 44 next year, and me 41, it's not old, but it's been a struggle here and to go through it all again and having another big mortgage puts a bit of a damper on things. But with most jobs, you will have to be near the city or its surrounding suburbs. But after looking at the house prices today, I feel that the dream we had could turn in to a nightmare.

My wife did get a job in Melbourne for 2007, we were going on a 457 visa, my wife (Kim) went for an interview in London, got the Job, we were so excited, we’ve been wanting to move to Aus for a long time, we 1st went to the emigration show at Sandown park in 2000, we were 5 points short, gutted. Then we went to Aus for 5 weeks 2002, love every minute and we knew it was the place for us. Since then my wife quilified as a nurse 2006 and has gota great job here. I have been to Aus 3 more time and each time I knew it was the place for us.

Well getting back to Melbourne, everything was going great, we sold the house, I went to Melbourne to check out the suburbs around were the wife would be working, went to the schools for my daughter, college for my son. Went to the bank to find out about mortgages etc, was a bit of a shock to say the least, but manageable. Then the recruitment lady who was working for the hospital messed us around with our visa, we emailed her, phoned her, no reply, then we had a exchange date for the house, but still no visa, myself and my wife were stressed to say the least. We phoned the office in Melbourne to find out what was happening, but they wouldn’t give us any info, to cut it short we had to pull out, it turns out she did a runner and she messed a lot of people around, some had sold there houses etc, but in the end no one got a visa.

Sorry for rambling, but we really don’t know what to do at the moment, my wife is unsure, we still don’t know if my son has got on the visa, he will be 19, and has a good job at the Royal bank of Scotland. My daughter wants to go so does my son, well at the moment he does. But trying to find a place to live that will be good for the teenagers as well as ourselves, it is possible but I feel that it will come at a cost, which at the moment we feel we couldn’t achieve when we get there due to house prices over there.

Sorry for going on, but after so many years of wanting to emigrate to Aus, I feel that maybe were 5 years to late, or maybe not, we will just have to wait and see.

I wish all those who are in the process of emigrating good luck for the future.

Cheers

Troy

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi! I just want to wish you Lots of Luck!!!

I appreciate it's a difficult time but you will probably come to regret not giving Oz a go if you don't and maybe you could rent for a while and assess the housing situation after a few months.

Dan :-)

Hi to you all,

Were in the process of applying for permanent residency, 176 visa was received by immigration on the 7th of June 2008, still waiting for a case officer. Today I as looking at house prices throughout Australia, I just can’t believe the house prices.

My wife is a nurse and we are hoping to move this year, but with the house prices here dropping and the house prices still rising in Aus, I’m beginning to think that if it continues, I feel that it will be one hell of a struggle when do move and one that I don’t relish.

Don’t get me wrong, I know you will have to work when you get there, but my wife will be 44 next year, and me 41, it's not old, but it's been a struggle here and to go through it all again and having another big mortgage puts a bit of a damper on things. But with most jobs, you will have to be near the city or its surrounding suburbs. But after looking at the house prices today, I feel that the dream we had could turn in to a nightmare.

My wife did get a job in Melbourne for 2007, we were going on a 457 visa, my wife (Kim) went for an interview in London, got the Job, we were so excited, we’ve been wanting to move to Aus for a long time, we 1st went to the emigration show at Sandown park in 2000, we were 5 points short, gutted. Then we went to Aus for 5 weeks 2002, love every minute and we knew it was the place for us. Since then my wife quilified as a nurse 2006 and has gota great job here. I have been to Aus 3 more time and each time I knew it was the place for us.

Well getting back to Melbourne, everything was going great, we sold the house, I went to Melbourne to check out the suburbs around were the wife would be working, went to the schools for my daughter, college for my son. Went to the bank to find out about mortgages etc, was a bit of a shock to say the least, but manageable. Then the recruitment lady who was working for the hospital messed us around with our visa, we emailed her, phoned her, no reply, then we had a exchange date for the house, but still no visa, myself and my wife were stressed to say the least. We phoned the office in Melbourne to find out what was happening, but they wouldn’t give us any info, to cut it short we had to pull out, it turns out she did a runner and she messed a lot of people around, some had sold there houses etc, but in the end no one got a visa.

Sorry for rambling, but we really don’t know what to do at the moment, my wife is unsure, we still don’t know if my son has got on the visa, he will be 19, and has a good job at the Royal bank of Scotland. My daughter wants to go so does my son, well at the moment he does. But trying to find a place to live that will be good for the teenagers as well as ourselves, it is possible but I feel that it will come at a cost, which at the moment we feel we couldn’t achieve when we get there due to house prices over there.

Sorry for going on, but after so many years of wanting to emigrate to Aus, I feel that maybe were 5 years to late, or maybe not, we will just have to wait and see.

I wish all those who are in the process of emigrating good luck for the future.

Cheers

Troy

house prices riseing in oz what part? Perth house prices droping quite fast not as fast as uk though.

Guest WARDStoOZ
house prices riseing in oz what part? Perth house prices droping quite fast not as fast as uk though.

I thought the house prices were dropping a bit too :eek:

Dan :-)

Archived