college,registered for migration or not????

Guest nigellr

Guest nigellr

My wife has applied to do hairdressing at a college on the sunshine coast,2 yr course.Our aim is to apply for PR on completion.We have heard the college has to be registered for migration purposes.Not sure what this means,and not sure what difference it makes if you finish with the same qualification.Can anyone help with this query.

Thanks Nigel

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Nigel,

Have not heard of this. Am looking at the brochure right now that we've got for a TAFE College in Melbourne and no mention of them being registered for migration purposes. What about e-mailing the college you are applying to, or e-mailing the company who found you the course (if you used a company). The brochure we've got is called 'Course Information for International Students', have you got any sort of literature from your chosen college? Failing that, post a message to Andrew who posts as Connaust.

Cheers,

Rachel

Guest nigellr

Hi Rachel & Stu,

The college is Sunshine Coast TAFE,my OH just applied last week ,sent all the doc's,certificate's,aplication form etc.Just waiting to see if she can get on the course.We don't have a brochure,got all the info from college website.Did give the college a ring at the time,and they did say the course would give 60 points.We are doing it ourselves,but every now and then you hear something different.I will try and E-MAIL Andrew and see what he says,I have read some of his posts and he seems very helpful.

Thanks, Nigel

Guest Rachel&Stu

:cute: You are about 2-3 weeks behind us then!! So exciting, we sent all our docs about 3-4 weeks ago, cost a fortune as sent them 'Signed For' what with all certificates, bank drafts etc!! Can't honestly see there being a problem, if it's a genuine TAFE that accepts international students must be kosher:yes:

Let us know how you get on!! By the way, is it this year you've applied for? We can't go till July 08:realmad:

Would be interested to know what Andrew says, so please let me know. Good luck:cute:

Rachel

Guest brownfamily

Hi Nigel,

We sent our application to agent yesterday (not charging us anything as they get commission from Oz College). My OH has applied for the 2 year bricklaying course and it is at the Nambour Centre in Queensland (just North of Brisbane). We have applied for July '08 but have been told that once application is sent you hear whether you have been successful within 48hrs. The next step is to pay the proportion of college fees/1 years medical insurance. Once this has been received you then get your letter of acceptance, which apparently almost guarantees a student visa.

Hope this helps.

Hev

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi again Nigel and Hev:eek:

Have just bought April issue of Australia and New Zealand magazine, there is an article on Page 108 called 'Learn a Trade in Australia'. All about studying in Australia. We bought ours from Tesco.

Happy reading:cool:

Rachel

Guest nigellr

Hi all hopeful students,

It's just that someone we met through this site is doing a hairdressing course in Brisbane at the moment told us the college had to be migration registered,but I think she is at a private college,so maybe that is the difference.We hope to go in July this year ,if all goes to plan.

Nigel

Guest dreamer

Hi all,

I think what's being referred to is CRICOS approval (commonwealth register of institutions and courses for overseas students). Basically the course and institution you are at have to be approved by these people http://www.CRICOS.dest.gov.au. In addition don't forget to check what the Assessing authority require. Most trades require 900 hours of experience as well as the two year Oz course ( I think the idea is that you are supposed to accrue these by working part time in your chosen trade while studying. Hope this helps

Dreamer

Archived