teenage daughter

Guest jacobs creek

Guest snow white
Thanks for your information Lesley, we are planning the move to Gold Coast, infact we're considering Nerang...where aboutss are you, what do you think of Nerang - please be honest.....we don't mind

Thanks

Alan & Kelly

nerang

nerang is not far from where we are its cheaper for rentals in nerang as its an older area, do a search on areas on here you will find loads info, pacific pines is a stocklands development lots english livng here building new houses all time loads schools abc daycare local shops parks lovely family safe area,

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark

Hi....from my experience, it is a difficult making the move with older children. My eldest 2 daughters will have finished 'A' levels and my youngest her GCSE'S......at some time or other 1 of my daughters decides that they dont want to come....my eldest 2 daughters its boyfriends and friends and the fact they are both to start uni in Sept and with my youngest it has been the thought of leaving her horse behind. Unbelievably, at the moment, the 3 of them are ok about going, hence the pressure to get this right for them. Its either all of us go or none of us go!

Sharonx

Guest snow white
Hi....from my experience, it is a difficult making the move with older children. My eldest 2 daughters will have finished 'A' levels and my youngest her GCSE'S......at some time or other 1 of my daughters decides that they dont want to come....my eldest 2 daughters its boyfriends and friends and the fact they are both to start uni in Sept and with my youngest it has been the thought of leaving her horse behind. Unbelievably, at the moment, the 3 of them are ok about going, hence the pressure to get this right for them. Its either all of us go or none of us go!

Sharonx

hi sharon,

mine were all excited about going but thought it was just for a long holiday, they started asking when are we going back to england after about 8 weeks when i asked them what would they liek to do stay here or goo back they all wanted to stay, the eldest was 17 when we left england and did not want to leave her friends behind she agreed to come for 6 months and if she hated it we agreed to pay her flight back, now 16 months later she wouldnt go back if you paid her

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark
hi sharon,

mine were all excited about going but thought it was just for a long holiday, they started asking when are we going back to england after about 8 weeks when i asked them what would they liek to do stay here or goo back they all wanted to stay, the eldest was 17 when we left england and did not want to leave her friends behind she agreed to come for 6 months and if she hated it we agreed to pay her flight back, now 16 months later she wouldnt go back if you paid her

lesley x

Hi Lesley....thats promising to hear. It has to be all or nothing for us. Sadly, i lost both my parents young, no grandparents alive etc. so if any of my daughters dont want to go we would have to stay in the uk. There would be no family support network for them and I could not bear that.....I do believe that all three of them will give it a go and we are so determined to make this work. I hope my daughters feel the same as yours did...that would be bliss. How old are your children? Did your 17 year old go into oz education.....if so how did they find it?

Sharonx:wubclub:

Guest snow white
Hi Lesley....thats promising to hear. It has to be all or nothing for us. Sadly, i lost both my parents young, no grandparents alive etc. so if any of my daughters dont want to go we would have to stay in the uk. There would be no family support network for them and I could not bear that.....I do believe that all three of them will give it a go and we are so determined to make this work. I hope my daughters feel the same as yours did...that would be bliss. How old are your children? Did your 17 year old go into oz education.....if so how did they find it?

Sharonx:wubclub:

hi sharon, mine ar 18,13,11,7,5,3 and no the eldest would not go into school after leaving school in uk a year ago she would not go into school here for one year, she works in an office doing admin and reception work best thing she ever did as the minute she had the job she had her own money to buy what she liked and to go out etc she really is happy which is great as long as you tell your girls to give it at least 6 months to a year then make their minds up gives you enought ime to get over any hurdles hon

all the best

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark

Hi Lesley....you must be one busy mum. Good hear your daughter is happy and doing well.... My eldest 2 have applied to go to uni in the uk so are hoping to do the same in oz, but my youngest, who will be sitting her GCSE's this year does not want to go back to school. She is horse mad......in Wales she is able to go to college at 16 to do equine studies which is what she has had her heart set on. Been looking for something like this near Gold Coast which is hopfully where we are heading....have you heard of anything?

Sharonx

Guest snow white
Hi Lesley....you must be one busy mum. Good hear your daughter is happy and doing well.... My eldest 2 have applied to go to uni in the uk so are hoping to do the same in oz, but my youngest, who will be sitting her GCSE's this year does not want to go back to school. She is horse mad......in Wales she is able to go to college at 16 to do equine studies which is what she has had her heart set on. Been looking for something like this near Gold Coast which is hopfully where we are heading....have you heard of anything?

Sharonx

hi sharon,

busy me lol id be lost if i wasnt !!

havent heard of a course like that here and here she would be at school until shes 18 im sure will have a look around and see what i can find out for you though no problem

when do you plan on coming over ?

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark

Hi! Thanks Lesley, that would be very much appreciated...

Will be making the move as soon as we get our visa.....can't wait! We were hoping to be there around Aug-Sept but with the way things are going, may be the end of the year. Our 175 visa application went in at the end of Dec. I hear that some are getting their visas granted around 7months and others it is taking about 12 months. Just playing the waiting game...we are on the csl, Mark is an electrician.

Sharonx

Guest crone99

Hi, im 14/15

where going to leave it until ive finished my gcse's. but its different for all, because if you leave it to late they end up not wanting to come like my oldest brother. but if you go to early they have to repeat parts of school year,

:wub:

Guest snow white

Will be making the move as soon as we get our visa.....can't wait! We were hoping to be there around Aug-Sept but with the way things are going, may be the end of the year. Our 175 visa application went in at the end of Dec. I hear that some are getting their visas granted around 7months and others it is taking about 12 months. Just playing the waiting game...we are on the csl, Mark is an electrician.

Sharonx

hi sharon

5 months was how long it took from us sending in 136 job on modl, thats now a 175 i think and just been reading up on csl list lot of changes been made since we applied, have you any idea of where you want to be when you get here?

lesley x

Guest snow white
Hi, im 14/15

where going to leave it until ive finished my gcse's. but its different for all, because if you leave it to late they end up not wanting to come like my oldest brother. but if you go to early they have to repeat parts of school year,

:wub:

hi there,

the only thing with that is you will be 16 when you finish your gcses and when you get here you will still have a year of two at school to do regardless, if you do have older brother then its better to come sooner rather than later give him a chance to make friends and settle

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark
hi sharon

5 months was how long it took from us sending in 136 job on modl, thats now a 175 i think and just been reading up on csl list lot of changes been made since we applied, have you any idea of where you want to be when you get here?

lesley x

Hi Lesley.....been looking to rent in Pacific Pines or Redcliff area to start with. Thought this would be a good place to start with the girls...plenty to do etc. Depending on how things go, may then decide to move to Jimboomba area as my dauhgter wants a horse, so will need a bit of land. Are there any stables in the gold coast area or do you have to move more inland....any other areas you reccommend worth looking at?

Sharonx

Guest snow white
Hi Lesley.....been looking to rent in Pacific Pines or Redcliff area to start with. Thought this would be a good place to start with the girls...plenty to do etc. Depending on how things go, may then decide to move to Jimboomba area as my dauhgter wants a horse, so will need a bit of land. Are there any stables in the gold coast area or do you have to move more inland....any other areas you reccommend worth looking at?

Sharonx

hi i can recommend a relocaion agent who wons an acreage and has a rental on her property in jimboomba, if you need one lol think she has horses also i can help you if you want pac pines no probs let me knwo what you need and when you cant look till nearer the time you arrive

lesley xx

Guest susie one

Sharonx

HI, IAN ELECTRICAN, SUE CHILDMINDER, LEANNE 18, CHARLOTTE 16, RYAN 14, BETH 8 LOOKING AT PACIFIC PINES, MINYAMA, COLUNDRA, MOOLOOLABA, KEEP INTOUCH COULD BE THERE SOONER THAN YOU THINK, GOOD LUCK TO ALL SUE IAN , AND CLAN:wideeyed:

Guest snow white
HI, IAN ELECTRICAN, SUE CHILDMINDER, LEANNE 18, CHARLOTTE 16, RYAN 14, BETH 8 LOOKING AT PACIFIC PINES, MINYAMA, COLUNDRA, MOOLOOLABA, KEEP INTOUCH COULD BE THERE SOONER THAN YOU THINK, GOOD LUCK TO ALL SUE IAN , AND CLAN:wideeyed:

hi all,

look into all the areas what they offer and what your looking for when you get here that way you will make the best decision you can based on the info if you need any help give me a shout

lesley x

Guest susie one
hi sharon, mine ar 18,13,11,7,5,3 and no the eldest would not go into school after leaving school in uk a year ago she would not go into school here for one year, she works in an office doing admin and reception work best thing she ever did as the minute she had the job she had her own money to buy what she liked and to go out etc she really is happy which is great as long as you tell your girls to give it at least 6 months to a year then make their minds up gives you enought ime to get over any hurdles hon

all the best

lesley x

hey, what alot, i have leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, beth 8 and kelly 20 who is staying in uk she has her own house , boyfriend , job etc, hope she will move once she visits, keep in touch thanks sue childminder, ian electrican

Guest snow white
hey, what alot, i have leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, beth 8 and kelly 20 who is staying in uk she has her own house , boyfriend , job etc, hope she will move once she visits, keep in touch thanks sue childminder, ian electrican

lol your not that far behind me !! let me know how things are going and gladly keep in touch

lesley x

Guest Sharon & Mark

Hi Sue..thanks, can't wait to go......everything seems to be on hold at the moment. The longer it takes the more I worry that something may happen which may make one of my daughters decide that they dont want to go...hope all goes well for you and your family

Sharonx

Guest Sharon & Mark
hi i can recommend a relocaion agent who wons an acreage and has a rental on her property in jimboomba, if you need one lol think she has horses also i can help you if you want pac pines no probs let me knwo what you need and when you cant look till nearer the time you arrive

lesley xx

That would be great....appreciate it. Do you think that Pacific Pines would be a better starting point for us (considering the age of my daughters),things to do etc.

Guest snow white
That would be great....appreciate it. Do you think that Pacific Pines would be a better starting point for us (considering the age of my daughters),things to do etc.

h sharon will send you a p.m

lesley

Archived