A/C Engineers in Adelaide

Guest johno1

Hi,

Just a question for any A/C Engineers in Adelaide

We were due to move to the Sunshine Coast but have put the move on hold as we feel that there is a shortage of work there at the mo.

Could anyone tell us their experiences in Adelaide with regards to finding work following their relocation as we feel that we may need to start looking at different parts of Oz.

We have sold our house, have our visas and are just wondering if it is worth going as so many people we know and have read about on PIO seem to have had problems and have had to compromise or have returned.

We are running out of time as our eldest son is due to select his option in yr 9 so if we don't go SOON, we will probably delay until after his GCSEs so any comments greatly appreciated????

The Johnos

Guest pabloke99

If you mean aircraft engineer, then there are plenty of jobs in Brisbane, but it's all dependent upon licences and experience.

If you mean Air conditioning then I would imagine that there is a demand everywhere, except Tasmania perhaps.

Why don't you have a look online and search for jobs.

Thanks for your reply...I didn't make it clear but I actually meant Air Conditioning Engineer and yes, we also thought that there would be a shortage and there is in the major CBDs but when we looked an hour outside of Brisbane, there were actually very few (despite this being on the skills in demand list!)

We visited The Sunshine Coast in the UK summer and have applied for several vacancies that have been advertised on line but have had little success???? help anyone??

Guest tinbasher

Hi

thought this link may help you

Job Search, Employment Information and Career Advice at careerone.com.au

I don't think you would have a problem as long as you went to one of the major cities. Perth has a reputation for being very warm.

With regards to the GCSE's they don't do year 10 exams over here not ones that give you a certificate (well South Australia not sure about the rest of the country). They concentrate on year 12 exams and those are the ones you need to get you into university. So I guess it is up to you most kids stay at school until 17 (soon to be made legal), and a large number stay on to complete year 12 anyway. GCSE's are not enough to get you into Uni over here they would have to complete year 12, so I suppose it depends what your child would like to do when they leave school. Also school is a great way for them to meet friends. We met a couple who stayed so their son could get his GCSE's and he ended up going back to school (even though he hated school) so that he could establish a friendship group and it was the best thing they could have done for him as he has settled down really well and loves it. Everyone's different though. Good luck.

Mrs TinB

Thanks for your reply Mrs TinB.

We are quite concerned about disrupting the childrens education so your thoughts are very useful.

Archived