Gold Coast Theme Parks?

AnxiousMum

Hi,

Can anyone advise the best Theme Parks to go to on the Gold Coast, I have seen the usual DreamWorld, SeaWorld, MovieWorld, and WhiteWater World.

Dont think we will be able to fit all of them in, so wanted to see what you guys think are the best theme parks and what isnt worth bothering with?

Thanks

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Caroline! They all sound good don't they! I think we'll have to wait for the night-shift to come online to get some answers lol

Dan xx :-)

Guest Suzanne0026

Hi, i really enjoyed Wet N Wild too, we took friends there also, had a blast - great for a hot day too!!

S

Guest wikiskippy

Depends what you find interesting and if you have kids etc. Movie world hasn't alot of rides but you do get to get involved in the warner brothers thing- more of a street show and performances at certain times but I believe there is a section of the park that has kiddies rides. Dreamworld is a funpark theme park. Loads of rides for everyone incl a water park to cool off. Seaworld is mainly for water animal lovers, has a few rides. Wet'n'wild is great for everyone who enjoys water theme parks. loads of slides and pools...water based activities.

Depends on how old your kids are too. Mine are 5, 4 and 2, and adore Wiggles World at Dreamworld. There's also Nick Central there. Characters from The Wiggles, Dora the Explorer and Spongebob make appearances for photographs. You can get a pass which allows you to go into Dreamworld and Whitewater world, so if you're pushed for time would be a good option?

Seaworld is also great for littlies, as they have Sesame Street Beach, with rides for younger kids and a Bert and Ernie show with Elmo and friends, which they love. The dolphin show is brilliant too. Not so many rides for older kids though, although there is a new one just opened.

As mentioned, Movie World is smaller, and my little ones weren't too keen, but would be good for older kids, as has a few thrill rides. The new Stunt Driver show is open too, which looks good, will have to go and take a look.

Currumbin Wildlife Park is worth a visit too if you all like animals, good value and plenty to see. No rides, but there is a flying fox (additional cost) and a great dinosaur themed playpark.

Have a great trip, Jo

Guest donovan

Hiya we have the megga passes for Movie World, Seaworld & Wet n Wild, they are all good for different reasons, I have to say we have used the wet n wild one more, as it is so hot over here, Seaworld is good as it has a bit of both, movie world has some great kids rides, but nothing really to cool you down. Went to movie world yesterday was packed.

Take a look at the my fun link below

Shopping Cart Home Page

Sarah x

Guest johno1

Ours also loved Wet n Wild (although food not great so take your own) and loved the Warner Bros...apparently has great rides.

Boys are 10 & 13.

Archived