Cooks or Chefs

Guest neil smith

Guest neil smith

Hi guys, any cooks or chefs in the process of making the big move or have done so already??? Just interested if you had jobs lined up or are looking when you get there??

Hello there,

I would suggest looking for work in Oz rather than the lottery of trying from offshore....we have had problems placing students/interns into internships on contract from offshore....

We assist students with cookery study and they are working within days.....i.e. Melbourne but opps everywhere see http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook and I would not dismiss a regional area e.g. Victoria where housing maybe cheaper than the big city and similar lifestyle.

I am from Melbourne and a couple of years ago walking along Brunswick St, Fitzroy which is full of cafes, restaurants, bars etc. almost every place had signage asking for personnel :)

We have employment webiste on our links page, check them out.

Cheers Andrew

http://www.aiec.biz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wizardsleeve1
Hi guys, any cooks or chefs in the process of making the big move or have done so already??? Just interested if you had jobs lined up or are looking when you get there??

My husband is a chef, we are going to Perth and are still waiting. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest thepriceclan

Hi, just found you post regarding being a chef. My OH is a chef and we move to Perth on the 1st October 2007. He hasn't got a job before we go but has looked into job availabilities. He said he might work for an agency to begin with. Where abouts are you hoping to go to?

Sarah.

Archived