PLEASE some help on shipping our stuff

carlymac

Hello Everyone

I am currently waiting on my visa to go to Brisbane and I am looking for some help on shipping our stuff over, we dont really want to get a crate because we dont have very much stuff, we just wanted to take our children's toys, clothes and personal items.....can anyone help with what company to use.

Any help greatly appreciated

:wubclub:

Guest dan&nikki

hi there, we are getting a container, but i have heard that a shared container is less costly if youve not got alot of stuff.

could you not get it all in your suitcases? we are allowed 40kilos each when we go one way (with Singapore Airlines)....

just a thought if its only toys, clothes and a few more bits?

Hi

I looked at taking it all in suitcases but my children have a big train set and a few other big toys and they are only 6, 3 and 18 months and all they have asked about the move is making sure their toys arrive, so I couldnt not take them... (hope this makes sense.)

Thanks for that website Nigel.

Hello Everyone

I am currently waiting on my visa to go to Brisbane and I am looking for some help on shipping our stuff over, we dont really want to get a crate because we dont have very much stuff, we just wanted to take our children's toys, clothes and personal items.....can anyone help with what company to use.

Any help greatly appreciated

:wubclub:

Hi there,

we shipped over our personal effects to Brisbane via Seven Seas (www.sevenseasworldwide.com) and had a great overall experience. Like you, it was literally personal items, clothes, toys and some of my books. In the end I shipped over 4 teachests and 1 book box. I think it cost me about £200 and it took about 8 weeks. You can track your boxes all the way. My sister in law recommended them as she had used them twice previously. You order the boxes, they arrive the next day (or any day you specify), ring them up the day before you want them picked up, they come and pick it up and that's it! eight weeks later, they'll call you if you have left an Aussie number (or you can contact their depot) and they deliver it to your new home. Very straightforward.

All the best with your move!

May x

Archived