Taking Children to Oz?

emilyernest

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello emilyernest

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have put your query into a new thread for you because it was going to get lost where it was.

Hopefully you will get some answers during the course of the day.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi

Does anyone know what the chances are of being able to take children to Australia... I have an ex husband who is probably not going to be too chuffed! Has anyone been in similar situation? Where do I start?

Hi Emily

I am moving to Sydney (in 14 days time.... eek!) and have 2 children aged 12 & 14. They were 10 & 12 when I started the visa application process and I had been divorced from their Father for 5 years but he still saw them regularly. I used an agent and as soon as he knew I was divorced he advised me to get a couple of authorisation forms signed as soon as possible. Apparently, If the ex does say no, the court process can take up to a year and is also quite expensive so you need to know before you start your application that he's going to give permission!

I was actually quite surprised at my ex's reaction - he said yes immediately. He thinks it's a great opportunity for the children and we've all bought web cams so they can regularly 'see' each other. I've also promised to bring the children back to England every Christmas (the Australian 6 week school holidays!) to visit. Maybe your ex will shock you and agree?

Good luck!

Zoe xx

Guest Midlanders

HI

There are alot of other people who are and have gone through the same difficutlies as you. Ex's can cause problems but they cannot stop you taking the children out of the country. Mine has the witch of the west to deal with.

There's lots of advise on the threads but your agent should be able to assist you and overcome this minor issue!!! , but join in the chat rooms on a night as alot of people can give you some advise and also you can have a good laugh about the whole emotional process we are all going through.

Archived