can i come as a spouse??

Guest Rik

hi,im hoping to move to perth in july with my girlfriend, she is a nurse and has a sponsorship,although we have been together for over 2 years, we have only recently moved in together,opened joint accounts,etc!

i am struggling 2 get a straight answer,from my girlfriend's sponsor,on whether i can travel with her as a spouse..

wondering if anyone is in a simular situation,or has migrated in simular circumstances??

if i cannot go down this route,im will have to come on a WHV, if i do this,is it going to be possible to stay for more then 2 years?? could i get a sponsor once i am there,and stay??

many thanks....Rik!!:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest SunshineSmile
hi,im hoping to move to perth in july with my girlfriend, she is a nurse and has a sponsorship,although we have been together for over 2 years, we have only recently moved in together,opened joint accounts,etc!

i am struggling 2 get a straight answer,from my girlfriend's sponsor,on whether i can travel with her as a spouse..

wondering if anyone is in a simular situation,or has migrated in simular circumstances??

if i cannot go down this route,im will have to come on a WHV, if i do this,is it going to be possible to stay for more then 2 years?? could i get a sponsor once i am there,and stay??

many thanks....Rik!!:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Rik,

Im no expert, but have alot of research done and Im in a similiar situation, having been with my OH for over 2 years but we only recently moved in together. I too am a nurse and my fella cant get into Oz without de-facto status.

From what i know there is things you can do to get round this. You are obviously commited, you just need to prove this.

If you would like, PM me and i will outline it for you.

Regards and Best Wishes for a Happy Christmas, Hopefully this time next year we will all be in Oz

:cutexmas:Steph

Hi everyone! I too am in a very similar situation to rik, i am hoping to go to Oz around july time if poss with my boyfriend of four years and my daughter ( from a previous relationship), prob is we have very little evidence to back our relationship up as we have only recently started living together too. We could only get in on a de-facto with my boyfriend. Is this poss????

Can anyone please help?

SunshineSmile could you possibly help with any info you have??

Thanks to anyone in advance.

:unsure: Jane x

Hi Rik. My daughter is in a similar situation and I am a firm believer that there is always a way if you want something badly enough. Firstly, I don't think your partners employer would have any say in the matter. She should just put you down as her spouse and submit the forms to immigration. Let them assess your application but at least get your name on the system as her de-facto spouse. IF they turn you down, then apply for a WHV, which you are fortunate enough to do. When you both get to Aus, set up as much as you can in joint names - bank accounts, rental agreement, car purchase, hire purchase etc, etc. Then, before your WHV expires apply for a spouse visa on-shore. They will know you were together in the UK from your original application and the rest of your 12 months period of proof will have been gained in Australia WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE. In theory, there is should be no reason for them to turn you down a second time. Whilst your here, is you are lucky enough to find a job with an employer willing to sponsor you as well, then that would be a bonus, and the above wouldn't be necessary.

Archived