Any Ozzies who've moved to UK?

Guest Mummy3

So many people want to migrate to Australia. And I've noticed a few Ozzies on here. Just wondered whether they're in the UK or still in Oz and if they moved to the UK, why? Do you guys have the same dreams as people moving to Australia? Just wondered...:emoticon-signxmas:

I'm stuck here but my son went on a "gap year" to UK over 7 years ago and hasnt come back yet:laugh: He went for the experience and because he could. Once he got there he got a job that he really enjoyed, did things he couldnt do here and then decided on a career move which will see him stay there for a good long time. He is in Italy on a course this week and he often zips off to Europe or somewhere in UK for a long weekend or week's holiday. He loves the buzz and the variety and even, much to his surprise, the history. He is earning enough that he can come back for a holiday when he wants - but he has only been back a couple of times and each time he is surprised at the way his school/uni friends are living and working - not favourably, I must add!

I'm stuck here but my son went on a "gap year" to UK over 7 years ago and hasnt come back yet:laugh: He went for the experience and because he could. Once he got there he got a job that he really enjoyed, did things he couldnt do here and then decided on a career move which will see him stay there for a good long time. He is in Italy on a course this week and he often zips off to Europe or somewhere in UK for a long weekend or week's holiday. He loves the buzz and the variety and even, much to his surprise, the history. He is earning enough that he can come back for a holiday when he wants - but he has only been back a couple of times and each time he is surprised at the way his school/uni friends are living and working - not favourably, I must add!

Thanks, that's actually quite interesting. Thanks for the input :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived