General question

Guest andymac231964

Guest andymac231964

I have a job offer and am waiting for visa confirmation.

• Is the visa a stamp in your passport? or is it electronically tagged to your passport?
  • Upon arrival do you just pass through the airport like a regular tourist or do you have to report to imigration?
  • do car prices work out to be similar to Uk?
  • My wife is a PA to 7 GP's in a fanily practice, anyone looking to recruit someone like this?

Sure there is a thousand questions so will be back again.

Guest SCJ6162

Hi Andy

I'm off to Sydney on a Spouse Visa in 1 week's time. The Visa itself is a proper large slip stuck on a page in your passport that has various details and numbers on it. This is also all electronically tagged to the central database so that immigration/tax etc all know you are a migrant when you turn up. Its as straightforward of just processing through arrivals as normal - the system recognises you when you get to passport control!

Good luck!

S

Guest flo&mags

Hey there - once yr visa is granted u will have to go to Oz house - well we did - to have it stuck in!! Car prices - far too high - used cars for some reason hold their value even if there is no history - its wierd so shop about. We bought a kia sorrento - 4yrs old for $23K they defo saw us coming - thats for sure!!

Good luck & dont hesitate to ask further if there is anything troubling you.

Flo

Guest SCJ6162

Hi Flo

Not sure when you had yours done, but requirement now is just to send your passport to Aus House and they return it with the Visa inserted. Turnround in 48hrs using Registered Mail. They send an e-mail confirmation first. Mine was granted in October this year.

Cheers SCJ

Archived