Anyone in the process of getting an aqf111 through rpl

Guest claireeee

Guest claireeee

Hi All,

We are an irish family with two young children who hope to move to Australia in 2009 sometime on a 175 visa.We are at the early stages yet and OH has been doing written assessments in carpentry and at present we are waiting on assessors to visit his work sites.

Just wondering is there anyone else out there going down this route and is most of the paperwork OH has done for these assessements very close to what TRA want.

Claireeee

Hi Claire,

We are living in Mayo and hoping to go to Oz in 2009. We are presently looking at ways of doing a RPL!!! 22 years experience and a Fas apprenticeship but no trade papers.

Who are you using for the workplace assessment?

Yes it seems the paperwork is much the same as the TRA.

Cheers

Caz

Guest claireeee

Hi Caz,

OH is doing his assessement through a company called ACTS. At the moment he has all the written work done we are just waiting for them to call to do the onsite visits. They will be doing this in the new year, lets just hope OH will have work then as things are quiet at the moment.

They are very nice to deal with.This company seems to be the only way for us to go as

OH has 14 years experience but no trade papers at all thats why he is going down this route.

So at the moment we are trying to get OH application for TRA together.I think we are ok in describing his work at present but how do we go about describing his first few years on the job training, just trying to figure out what the Tra need to know for this.(our christmas homework)

What pathway are you going to get the visa?

Claireeee

Hi Claire,

I can email you my table of contents if you like.

Regarding the on the job training, he should break it down year by year, and what they are looking for is skills transition (that he has progressed skills wise, from year to year).

Job Title

Hours Worked

Job Description (broken down by year)

Tools used

any health and safety courses?

Either send it to his old boss to put on letterhead and sign off on it. If he cant get in contact with him then he can do a statutory declaration which needs to be witnessed by a solicitor. We have to do a stat declaration for the self employed part.

How much are ACTS costing you, is it about 3800?

We dont know who we are going to do it with yet. Thats our homework for the christmas too!!! We are months getting references etc.

Cheers

Caz

Guest claireeee

Hi Caz,

I'd be grateful if you could email me those details and when you decide which pathway your going down ACTS or whatever other your going down I will give you as much info as I can.

The evidence gathering for us is easy enough as OH has the same employer for the last 14 years.

We are still dealing with Acts at the moment but I can PM you more details on the process we are going through at the moment.

Claireeee

Archived