selling business in uk

Guest Paul Cally

Guest Paul Cally

Has anyone else had to sell a business in england ? Just wondered how you value it, where you sold it etc

Any help appreciated Thanks

I sold my business using a local commercial agent. It was valued based on audited accounts over a number of years. The agent and my accountant worked together to arrive at a figure, which I, in turn agreed, and then it was advertised and marketed. The agent's fee was mre than I thought it be in the end but it was worth it.

Good luck...

Has anyone else had to sell a business in england ? Just wondered how you value it, where you sold it etc

Hi mate, i take it its your electrical business your talking about????

If it is i know of a guy that sold his electrical firm to move to Brisbane. I will see a guy at work tomorrow who was good friends with him and find out what he did. I do know the business is still running under a dofferent name.

Stu

Guest neil smith

We sold our business in 2003, we had a few business agents around to value it and we had a good idea of the price we wanted, our main problem was the fee's they wanted after the sale, so we got a copy of the Daltons weekly which will give you a good idea on similar business prices. We decided to give it a go think it cost £38 to advertise, on the first day we had a caller who come over to view and made an offer there and then!!!

If we had gone with Christies they wanted £8000!!!!! as they ask for a %

Archived