Welcome to oz

nurse sue

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Sue! Nice thread! Hope you love your new lives in Australia Kim and family and the Hammer family...!!!

Take care,

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest amarbanga

Kindly help!!

I have been migrated to Australia 4 month ago from India. In india I have completed

Prior to come here to Australia i got my qualification assessed thru TRA and it was approved in Electrician Special class. I'm here on 136 visa and presently in Adelaide. I'm not getting any job in electrical field.

Do I need to assess my qualification again or can directly apply for license?

1. Three year full time Diploma in Electrical Engineering.

2. AMIE in electrical engineering which is equivalent to bachelor of engineering in India and is not a full time course

I don't have any idea what my qualification is equivalent to in AUSTRALIA and what certificate i can get. i.e trade certificate, Diploma or degree when i will assess my qualification

I have experience of more than 7 years in electrical field. I want to get job in electrical field. I am confused that I'm straight way eligible to work as electrician/engineer in industry or I must require any license to be eligible to get job in this field. Kindly guide me on this. I'm totally confussed here.

Regards

Amar

Kindly help!!

I have been migrated to Australia 4 month ago from India. In india I have completed

Prior to come here to Australia i got my qualification assessed thru TRA and it was approved in Electrician Special class. I'm here on 136 visa and presently in Adelaide. I'm not getting any job in electrical field.

Do I need to assess my qualification again or can directly apply for license?

1. Three year full time Diploma in Electrical Engineering.

2. AMIE in electrical engineering which is equivalent to bachelor of engineering in India and is not a full time course

I don't have any idea what my qualification is equivalent to in AUSTRALIA and what certificate i can get. i.e trade certificate, Diploma or degree when i will assess my qualification

I have experience of more than 7 years in electrical field. I want to get job in electrical field. I am confused that I'm straight way eligible to work as electrician/engineer in industry or I must require any license to be eligible to get job in this field. Kindly guide me on this. I'm totally confussed here.

Regards

Amar

You need to get your qualifications assessed by the relavent body

Please see this website which I think will help you

Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI)

Guest Ade Nicky

Hi everyone, we have been members since last year but haven't really posted at all just read everyone elses threads etc!

However we now have our visa for permanent residency and are travelling to Oz to arrive on Australia Day on the 26th Jan 09. We are staying with my husband's rellies in Perth for a couple of weeks then onto Adelaide where we hope to start a new life. It would be great if anyone from PIO who lives in Adelaide could get in touch for some advice eg places to go/live etc. We will hire a short term let for a while but will then look for something more permanent. Anyone wants to invite us to a barbie feel free as we need to make some friends pretty quickly! We are taking our 14 year old daughter and our 5 year old son with us and hope that our 21 year old may join us eventually with his girlfriend and their 1 year old daughter.

Thanks and look forward to joining you on PIO

Nicky, Adrian, Casey and Jake Tanner

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Sue

Glad to hear you have all arrived safely at last!!! Hope you enjoy your new life in oz and everything goes smoothly!

Hi Nicky

You should have a look at PomsInAdelaide, you will find loads of usefull information on there!

michelle x

Yaay Kim!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas....I can't believe poor ol' Adelaide missed out on your company. Still, you can always come down for a holiday!:winkxmas:

Hi Nicky...PiA is defo for you! Good luck and I'm sure you'll love it here in Adelaide. Far superior to the other states:tonguexmas: (so there!)

Love, LC.

Hear hear Sue, welcome to Kim Daren Luke and jordon Kdel anf also Keith Nicki and Ollie the Hammers.

Looking forward to New Years Eve.whoop Whoop

Guest snow white

whats everyones plans for new years eve we could never get a babysitter in england so dont stand a hope in hell of getting one for 6 kids in oz even though the eldest one is 18 shes already made her plans!! so weve decided if you cant beat them join them having a party for friends and dont need to worry aboout the babysitter trouble is the numbers are growing and now the 18 year old is thinking it would be more fun to come here with her friends too lol

lesley x

Archived