Longest wait for 175... One year... Still haven't got it...

Guest Shan

Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and I wish I have had seen this website a year ago:) It is so helpful (and also addictive since I have found it a week ago...)

About myself, I have been living living in Melbourne for 2years and 3 months so far. I was on working holidays visa then changed occupational training visa 422...for me to gain 2 professional years as graduate architect(my nominated occupation is architect). The visa is still valid until Feb 09(maybe that's why visa 175 is so slow and I also plus from high risk country). Then after I love Melbourne more and more, I decided to apply for 175 ONLINE on 14 Dec 07. I got pretty much everything sent within first month as I already have lots of papers from my previous visas(I got all other visas very easy). I have my med sent in Jan 08. I got old police check from July07 so I just applied for new one this week, which will take roughly a month to get(when I got frustrated.. I try to look for document I should upload in more... haha). It is all so quiet my visa status page info is still on 14Dec as always so I decided to call on 20 Nov and it is like miracle... my status got new item "APPLICATION BEING PROCESSED FURTHER" on that very date but then get back to quiet self again...So last Wednesday I called again. As before they were so lovely and really helpful on the phone. I found out that I actually have a CASE OFFICER! (wow such a magic word) and my health has been cleared even no need to worry(gosh I thought I had to do it another round but it is not my fault I only followed the automatic request). They said that my case officer might be working on other case right now and hasn't got around to change things on my status page... I should be contacted any time soon. (hope that is not about long vacation with my case sitting so lonely on the table) Haha I hope the day will come. The thing I learnt from this is to give a call... long wait on the phone worth it. THe operators know about the case more than your visa status page(mine... everything is still "required" even health) and they can help you putting some note if you have urgent need for the visa.

It is indeed very frustrating to wait... This week I check my visa status page 5+times a day (like somone going to update it at midnight). I have planned to be offshore Feb - March09 for the visa and then got to be back to work on time in Melbourne. pfff... wish me luck... :cryxmas:

thanks for that. :cutexmas:I don't think I should call aspc again this week because I just called them 2 days ago and I also asked about my health exams... the operator told me that my health is all passed and I don't need to worry about it.

Hope to see the next magic word "granted". Please....

Archived