Geelong - Textile Lab Work - Help

Guest Buzz

Please can anyone help i need to know if there are any textile laboratory jobs in geelong i have googled and there seems to be some factories there but cant seem to find the right information - someone pleasse help, my wife is a nurse and she will be guaranteed work when she gets there but i may not be so lucky, there must be a light somewhere AGGGGHHHHHH :arghhxmas: :)

I can't find any labs or textile labs in geelong in the yellow pages. But the only way to find out really is to get out here. there is a big hospital in geelong so your wife should find a job fairly easily I would think. I believe there is a bit more textile stuff inland so looking round Ballarat, and south west of geelong might bring stuff up.

the local paper is the geelongadvertiser (has a web page) which is probably the best place to look for jobs in this area. Otherwise you need to get out here and go to agencies, jobs round here aren't always direct advertised on the web like they seem to be in Melbourne.

Yes, Brintons the carpet manufacturer in East Geelong is closing (I believe).

To the OP: I wouldn't limit yourself to Geelong. Consider also the area around Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) as a number of manufacturers are in that area. The commute from Geelong to Tullamarine is about an hour and 10 minutes assuming no hold ups on the Western Ring Road.

Best regards.

Hi there, the area is renowned for wool processing and distribution, carpet making etc, is that the kind of thing you mean by textiles? In fact we have the national wool museum in Geelong, which is excellent, that could be worth a phone call? Good luck.

Fi

Guest treesea

Godfrey Hirst and Brintons are both based in Geelong. They make carpets. Have you considered somewhere like the CSIRO? They are a research organisation, but have a division of textile and fibre technology which could probably point you in the right direction. Rip Curl, which makes surf wear, are based in Geelong.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived