Nightmare visa

Guest sarahjustwishing

Guest sarahjustwishing

Hi All,

We have been merrily plodding along with my our 457 visa application-meds done-info submitted-etc... Ive been checking daily and its still saying I need an X-ray- which I cant because of being pregnant, we have phoned the department 6 times, and had a number of statements!?!? then this morning we asked to speak to our case officer and were told HE"S NOT A CASE OFFICER!!! then they told my hubby I would have to stay here until Ive given birth! Then they asked when we are having our medicals - all other meds have been done and are showing as finalised, its just me!!! Whats going on? Ive tried explaining I can only fly up until the end of January but they just do not understand! AAARGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So frustrated

sarah

:arghhxmas:

Guest guest17301

Oooh Sarah..sounds tricky. So sorry to hear of this problem. I have no answers for you but hope someone has. Fingers crossed hun. You can have x-rays when pregnant but have to sign a disclaimer I think..(as if!)

Guest sarahjustwishing
Oooh Sarah..sounds tricky. So sorry to hear of this problem. I have no answers for you but hope someone has. Fingers crossed hun. You can have x-rays when pregnant but have to sign a disclaimer I think..(as if!)

Thanx Hunni,

Just want to scream as they dont listen to what we are saying to them,

Cant even hit the bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

x x

Guest The Pom Queen

Sarah, so sorry to hear your dilemma. Have you got a migration agent or are you doing it yourself, if you have it may be worht having a chat with them, but I think if this is what DIMIA has said then there isn't a lot you can do. I am NOT a migration expert and it may be worth having a chat with Alan Collett from Go Matila or Gill who can offer any advice.

Don't get too worked up it won't be doing you or the baby any good.

Big Hugs

Kate

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

Which Business Unit is dealing with your application? Have you asked to speak with the Manager?

It is possible to have a chest r-ray whilst pregnant. They can provide a lead apron to protect Baby. However they will not insist that you have an x-ray against your wishes. They will merely not grant the visa or permit you to enter Australia until this is sorted out.

One solution would be to withdraw you from the 457 application for the time being. That would enable the grant of the visa without you. You could then travel on a tourist visa for which you would not need a chest x-ray.

Would this be a practical way round the problem?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest WARDStoOZ

So sorry to hear of the dilemma Sarah... like Kate has said, try not to get too stressed!

Gill seems to be offering you great advice...!

Lots of Luck and keep us all updated,

Take care,

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest sarahjustwishing
Hi Sarah

Which Business Unit is dealing with your application? Have you asked to speak with the Manager?

It is possible to have a chest r-ray whilst pregnant. They can provide a lead apron to protect Baby. However they will not insist that you have an x-ray against your wishes. They will merely not grant the visa or permit you to enter Australia until this is sorted out.

One solution would be to withdraw you from the 457 application for the time being. That would enable the grant of the visa without you. You could then travel on a tourist visa for which you would not need a chest x-ray.

Would this be a practical way round the problem?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

After days of crying/sulking/swearing/etc... We had a telephone call from Immi saying I could undergoe a medical WITHOUT an X-Ray, however on the e-health there was no form to submit to the Dr. Many phone calls later... we have had an email today saying I must complete form 815 (questionnaire) and that once in Australia I must attend a medical within 4 weeks of arrival, and complete a chest x-ray after the birth! I SO HOPE this is the final decision as this is great news, Hubby has had to phone Perth about 23 times up to now, they are soooooo sick of us! lol.

Thanks again for your info/advice.

Sarah

x x

Archived