Can we afford to buy in Oz?

Dugong

Hello there

My OH and I are into the immi process skilled family sponsored subclass 138. We are having a panic at the moment about our financial situation with regard to buying a house when we eventually get to oz! :shock:

Im a primary teacher and himself a landscape gardener. We dont own our own property and have been renting since we came back from our oz backpacking adventure in 2004. We want to live on The Sunshine Coast- Maroochydore area. We would have to take out 100% mortgage as we wouldnt have enough for a deposit. We can stay at the OH family in Brisbane initially until we find jobs etc. Would our occupations provide enough joint income to live in The Sunshine Coast area? :?

Any advice would be really helpful!

Guest jonseywife

Hiya .............

Sorry can't help with the Sunshine coasts area so good luck with that...... But we are having the same panic about affording somewhere to live!!!!! :?

We are hoping to settle in Melbourne (Frankston South / Mornington suburbs) and now I worrying a little, as since we first started to think about moving to OZ - some 18months - the houses were soooo cheap $350K-$450K (compared to where we are, anyway!!!)

I Keep checking the normal sites - as you do - like Domain and realestate.com/au and they seem to have really gone up alot recently.

Can anyone give us a realistic idea for the current price of 4/5 bedroom place in the above areas.............

Thanks alot :)

Hello!

I know exactly what you mean about house prices shooting up! :shock: Whilst programmes like 'Wanted Down Under' are fantastic it's probably going to cause an influx of applicants. Need our visa to come thru asap before prices go higher! Good job it wasnt on peak viewing time!!!!! :wink:

Dugong

Guest jonseywife

Hi again........

Fingers crossed for us then, our visa can't come quicker enough, did'nt realise how all this waiting would get to us (mind you it took us years of talking about it before we took any action, so it probably seems longer because of that!!!).................

Going by this site and people I speak too, good tradesman & hard working people are leaving this country in droves....... I can't think why?????? :!:

Lets home theres enough room for us!!!! :lol:

Archived