457 against 175/176

kangaroo.bruce

Guest guest17301

You cheeky bleeder! I have had to work for my 457 thank you very much! Are you jealous mate? What visa you going on hun? I reckon some 457ers have a good deal as they can get to Oz quick, test the water..then can get employer sponsored PR quickly in a lot of cases if they settle!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi KB

Just read this thread in order to understand why yours is a hopelessly dangerous idea, I suggest, considering that you are a brickie, Dirk is a plasterer and "construction" is all part & parcel of the same thing in my view. If I commission the construction of a "ready to move into and fully-functioning" house then anything less than that is not an item of merchantable quality and I will not pay for it unless I get what I ordered.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/48361-sponsorer-ruining-our-lives.html

Surely if the brickies build the walls and the Roofer puts the roof on, the sparky, plumber, plasterer, tiler and painter and decorator should all be along within minutes after the Roofer? Plus the gas chap to rig up the cooker?

I don't understand why Plasterers seem to be having a particularly tough time in Perth at the minute?

Best wishes

Gill

You cheeky bleeder! I have had to work for my 457 thank you very much! Are you jealous mate? What visa you going on hun? I reckon some 457ers have a good deal as they can get to Oz quick, test the water..then can get employer sponsored PR quickly in a lot of cases if they settle!

this wasn't meant to upset anyone fiona just wondered what the figures were thats all !!!!!!

as i have always thought if you have to save and work hard for something you appreciate it more than when it's handed on a plate......

i could have gone for a 457 if i wanted to but choose not to and go pr visa because of all the drawbacks of a 457,this is why iv'e asked the question to find out if it's these that cause people to come back to the uk ............:idea:

i know it takes longer but to me it's worth it

Guest guest17301

But I have had to save and pay out loads too!? I have saved the cost of the visa but I will have to pay again in Oz for the PR! I have had to budget for that too!

I could have gone for 175 but opted for 457 as it seemed a quicker and easier way in for me as a nurse, especially as the hospital will sponsor for PR after only 3 months.

Hi KB

Just read this thread in order to understand why yours is a hopelessly dangerous idea, I suggest, considering that you are a brickie, Dirk is a plasterer and "construction" is all part & parcel of the same thing in my view. If I commission the construction of a "ready to move into and fully-functioning" house then anything less than that is not an item of merchantable quality and I will not pay for it unless I get what I ordered.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/48361-sponsorer-ruining-our-lives.html

Surely if the brickies build the walls and the Roofer puts the roof on, the sparky, plumber, plasterer, tiler and painter and decorator should all be along within minutes after the Roofer? Plus the gas chap to rig up the cooker?

I don't understand why Plasterers seem to be having a particularly tough time in Perth at the minute?

Best wishes

Gill

i can understand what you are saying gill, but the only reason i can think that it is difficult for plasterers at the moment is that if the house building has slowed and other trades are still ok is that commercial work does not require much in the need of plastered work to be done,such as factories and warehouses.

Daz

Guest Gollywobbler
i can understand what you are saying gill, but the only reason i can think that it is difficult for plasterers at the moment is that if the house building has slowed and other trades are still ok is that commercial work does not require much in the need of plastered work to be done,such as factories and warehouses.

Daz

HI Daz

Thank you for this. I think you might well have answered my question. I am hearing that "commercial" construction in Perth is still OK. My mental picture of that is shops, offices, doctors' surgeries and the like - most of which require plaster on the walls in the same way as a house. I had not thought about the other types of commercial construction but you are right.

Thanks

Gill

Archived