Are there any negatives about Caloundra?

Guest Deb62

Hi,

Possibly a bit of a strange post.

I'm new on PIO. I emigrated with my Australian husband to Brisbane in 1989 and lived in Petrie for nearly 10 years before returning to the UK.

Now we want to return to the Brisbane area. The 'problem' is that the only job interview my husband has been offered so far is in Caloundra, a fair drive from our old 'patch' and our friends.

I know little about life on the Sunshine Coast, but from all the posts on the forums that I have read everyone absolutely loves living in the Caloundra area. This is great, but it would be helpful to me to balance the picture (if it needs balancing!) by hearing if anyone has any negatives about the area, that way I would know the pitfalls to avoid. Your input would really be appreciated!

Debbie :wideeyed:

Guest HappyBunny

We considered living in Caloundra. We have a friend that lives there and others that used to. It is really nice and to be honest I haven't heard anything negative about it. We loved Pelican Waters and Little Mountain in particular. The only thing for me was that it seemed to take so long to get to anywhere else. I know we have members in Caloundra so they will hopefully come along soon with their comments. x

Hi. I could really do with some more input here! I find it hard to believe that Caloundra area is the complete paradise it would appear to be from the posts I've read. I'm not looking for trouble, but I don't want to expect too much if its not warranted. Can anyone advise me if there are any other drawbacks to living at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast? I just want to be as prepared as I can.

Deb :wideeyed:

Guest Working to fish

The indian take away is average

the chinese is less than average

mac ,same the world over

hungry jacks ,mm ok

hope this helps

As for the rest of caloundra ,its not to bad ,

it will be what you make it .

eddie

:wacko:

The indian take away is average

the chinese is less than average

mac ,same the world over

hungry jacks ,mm ok

hope this helps

As for the rest of caloundra ,its not to bad ,

it will be what you make it .

eddie

:wacko:

Sound like Rockingham Eddie. PS Hungry Jacks is Burger King in the UK. :wideyedxmas:

Archived