More Brits seek to move to Australia

kernow43

More Brits seek to move to Australia

18/11/2008 by Simon Wallace

Australia's Immigration Minister, Senator Chris Evans, has commented about the growing interest amongst UK residents to move to Australia.

According to the Minister, rising unemployment in the UK has boosted applications to work in Australia. The credit crunch, combined with the increased cost of living and the volatile housing market, is causing many Brits to consider emigrating to Australia to seek out opportunities there.

Australia is not without its own concerns - it has been widely reported that next year's annual migration quota may be reduced - but Senator Evans is keen to encourage immigration from UK nationals nevertheless: "I think the downturn in Great Britain over the last year or two has actually seen a renewed interest from Great Britain in people looking to migrate either temporarily or permanently," he said.

Senator Evans added that the Australian skilled migration programme has seen a significant boost from the economic downturn in the UK.

It's not just British residents who are clamouring to move to Australia. As well as New Zealand nationals crossing the water to settle in Australia, there are 2,600 ex-pat Australians returning home every month.

Article from Global Visa website.

That is very good then, hope they can all get in.

:wideyedxmas:

Yep I suppose witj Australia cutting down they will have a lot more to select from. I actually thought Brit numbers were decreasing, until I read this article. Not sure who to believe!

Archived