Police Check for 457 question

Guest ltjchicklet

Guest ltjchicklet

I see from looking in this forum that most of you haven't needed to do a police check for your 457 application. I know that most have had to do the x-ray, though. My question is for any of you who haven't needed that police check.... if you've lived anywhere else besides your current country. I want to do this application quickly and if we have to do police checks for the US it can add on months to the process so I've got my fingers crossed that they don't ask. I know Tinks told me in another post that it's sort of a lottery situation but I'm just wondering if there's anyone who's lived in more than one country who's done a 457 and hasn't needed to get police checks for everywhere they've lived.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

I'm sorry that I did not spot this thread sooner.

Hmmmm. They may not require a police check from you because the USA is considered low risk.

However Brazil is apparently not considered to be low risk (though I would be surprised if it is anywhere near the top of the DIAC list of what constitutes high risk.)

ETA (Visitor) (Subclass 976)

Where has Hubby been living in the last 10-12 years, please? The link below does not say they would definitely want police checks for him, only that they might:

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

Best wishes

Gill

Archived