Places To Stay

Dunkos

Hi Guys,

whilst im peeling my wife off the ceiling as we got our visa :err:.

we are heading to Melbourne on the 16thish of March 2009, an are looking for cheap rents/places to stay when we get there that we could organise from here?

really we want to be as close to the CBD as poss in terms of getting interviews etc?

any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest stockies

Hi have you PM'd moving2melbourne ......she has helped loads of people moving to Melbourne.........Other than that I cant help ....Sorry !!!!!

Oh congratulations on getting your visa also !!!!!!!

Claire. XX

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Guys,

whilst im peeling my wife off the ceiling as we got our visa :err:.

we are heading to Melbourne on the 16thish of March 2009, an are looking for cheap rents/places to stay when we get there that we could organise from here?

really we want to be as close to the CBD as poss in terms of getting interviews etc?

any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi

Congratulations on the visa you must be really celebrating right now!!!:wubclub: I will pm you.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi have you PM'd moving2melbourne ......she has helped loads of people moving to Melbourne.........Other than that I cant help ....Sorry !!!!!

Oh congratulations on getting your visa also !!!!!!!

Claire. XX

Thanks Claire:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vin Cilds

Hi. Congrats on getting your visa. Heaps of accommodation in melbourne but it depends on your budget. www.corporatekeys.com.au has apartments around the city, but for a cheaper option ask for their guest houses - high-end share houses in Brunswick, about 15 mins from the CBD by tram.

Definetly try Moving2melbourne, she's really helpful (even when we were moving to Geelong)

Quest apartments are good for city location and we're currently in one, can't fault them (other than the cleaner apparently doesn't realise mirrors need cleaning) decent apartment and very helpful wiht any queries, info about the local area, printing or photocopying etc.

Otherwise try www.domain.com.au on their rental site, www.ozrentals.com.au or www.visitvictoria.com.au which has listings of all sorts of different types of accomodation including holiday lets. For somewhere within walking distance or short tram of the city centre its likely to be around $160 per night at the quests, but ring them up if you want a long stay and see if you can get a better rate.

I agree totally with Moving2melbourne being helpful. We have booked 10 days in one of her homes and she has been an invaluable source of information and help. I just hope i haven't used up all her goodwill just yet :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen
I agree totally with Moving2melbourne being helpful. We have booked 10 days in one of her homes and she has been an invaluable source of information and help. I just hope i haven't used up all her goodwill just yet :biggrin:

LOL, I am always here for you, even 10 years down the line I'll be there, I may have a few more wrinkles and grey hairs by then though.:biglaugh:

Guest Wallace

Just wanted to say Good luck with the move! Its a challenge to start with but once you start to settle things seem alot brighter! All the best and hope it all works out well for you guys.

Archived