support workers

Guest pippycol

Guest pippycol

hiya

my name is paula and my husband and i are hoping to be in oz by august this year Brisbane area, my husband is a engineer fitter and i am a support worker we have found lots of jobs for my husband but i am finding it difficult searching for jobs for myself, at prsent i support people with learning/physical and challenging behaviour and autism. i have my nvq 2 and am attaining my nvq3 in health and social care anyone have any ideas re: jobs for a support worker.

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hiya Pippycol!

You need to send a PM to tonyandlynne.

She has got sponsorship as a Care Worker, and has lots of info re websites to look at. Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers,

Rachel

HIYA i took up permant residency in november and have seen a few jobs around Brisbane in this line of work ,i have nvq 2 and got the first support job i applied for,it really depends on area but north and south brisbane do seem to have quite a few vacancies ,have a look at http://www.alljobs.com.au as this is one of the main sites to use ,,the set up i found to be on a much larger and more upmarket scale compared to uk but i think most are paying clients rather than s,s equivalents,hope this helps if you want me to try and get you some company emails just let me know

Cal x

Hi Pippycol,

Lynne here,

I am the one who has been sponsored by Nurseworldwide, pm me and i will give you all the info you need hun. I have got a job through sponsorship with this company and just awaiting on visa approval on the subclass 457, look forward to hearing from you hun.

Lynne :D

• 3 months later...
Guest pippycol

hiya lynn

i dont no if you remember you helped me with some web sites for support workers.

well we land in brisbane on the 9th of august so if you have any other advice it would be greatly appreciated. we only have access to the net till 26th june as then we exchange and the pc will have already been packed for the shippers so i will not have access to the net as freely. and we will have to get the internet in oz so i will keep in contact if thats ok as yu have been very helpful

cheers pip

Hiya im a support worker and found it similar to england in that we are in demand,try Southern Cross Care ,im currently employed by these guys and they cover most of Brissy,Oz Care is another large company and theres Blue Care.Dont be surprised if you dont get much or any response until you arrive ,i didnt, then got the first job applied for,,let me know if i can help any more,

Cal x

Archived