Medicals done!!

Guest sarahjustwishing

Guest sarahjustwishing

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop a quick note about medicals as I know some are worried about them. We went for ours yesterday, hubby and eldest had x-ray and eldest and youngest had an examination, and it wasnt ANYWHERE near the £810 I thought it would be. I had NOTHING!!! (cuz of my bump!) We went in at 1.00 and were out for 1.45, we saw a Mr Smith who was lovely, and great with our girls. He said detalis of meds etc would be in Australia within the next 2 hours! Bizzare... (wish we could be zapped over within the next 2 hours!) Anyway just wanted to reasure people its nothing to worry about, its all very straightforward. And the wait goes on...

Sarah

Guest guest17301

Hi Sarah!

Glad your meds went well, you will be in Perth before you know it! Have you booked your flights yet?

Out of interest how do you know when you have case officer? We might be going out around the same time!

Take care

Fiona

Well done! It's such a relief to have them finished isn't it?

Our meds were a bit more drawn out, because OH had to have an echocardiogram and as usual, it took weeks to get them to send out the results. They're on their way now though.

Good luck

Sarah

Guest sarahjustwishing
Hi Sarah!

Glad your meds went well, you will be in Perth before you know it! Have you booked your flights yet?

Out of interest how do you know when you have case officer? We might be going out around the same time!

Take care

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

No havent booked flights yet, but desperate to! looking at Air Singapore as Quantas has gone up by £200 since I last looked. Going go straight from Heathrow I think. We had an email on Tuesday requesting meds and another copy of marriage cert and it was from a man who explained he was our case officer, just worrying about money now!!!!! Want to just go, I think you have too much time waiting and it makes you start worrying about all the negatives etc...

Just hope we (and you) get a decision before christmas shutdown.

Take care

sarah

x

Guest guest17301

We are going with Singapore from Manchester, flights available from 26th still I think from about £2400 2 kids 2 adults. I found them cheapest of the lot. Hope you hear something soon, We had Dr Smith too, all meds were finalised about a week after we went for them, fingers crossed for you x

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Sarah!

Thanks for letting us know that the medicals were fine...!

Lots of Luck for the visa and of course the move!

Dan xx

Guest jewels1356

we had ours done today so now we just sit and wait to hear yes or no hopefully they will be yes then let the party begin

julie

xx

Archived