Hello everyone from Melbourne

Guest MnS

Hi there, we are new to PIO and to Oz. Myself Marissa(30) and husband Stuart (28) have been in Melbourne for almost 3 weeks now. Just living in a serviced apartment in East Melbourne, but we move into our house in Richmond on Sat...............yeh:spinny:

I am a nurse working in Richmond and my husband a civil engineer working near the CBD.

Glad we found this website, there is a lot of good info and nice people on here.

We are settling in ok, not so much missing home as missing friends & family. We are both a bit lonely as we dont really know anyone, but thats to be expected. Just have to keep soldering on and hopefully meet some friends.

So anyway just a big hello from to everyone!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Marissa

Welcome to PIO. Get yourself to the get together on the 13th December where you will meet lots of other people in your position. It is going to be at Cardinia Reservoir so you may even spot some kangaroos!!!

Chat soon

Kate

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi there, we are new to PIO and to Oz. Myself Marissa(30) and husband Stuart (28) have been in Melbourne for almost 3 weeks now. Just living in a serviced apartment in East Melbourne, but we move into our house in Richmond on Sat...............yeh:spinny:

I am a nurse working in Richmond and my husband a civil engineer working near the CBD.

Glad we found this website, there is a lot of good info and nice people on here.

We are settling in ok, not so much missing home as missing friends & family. We are both a bit lonely as we dont really know anyone, but thats to be expected. Just have to keep soldering on and hopefully meet some friends.

So anyway just a big hello from to everyone!

Just like to say hello and WELCOME!!!! to PIO. Im sure you'll meet lots of new people in time. Ang xx

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi MnS

im Jonathan (33) my Wife Emma (32) Anya (7) Neve(8) and we are coming to Melbourne on the 4th of January and like you said it can get quite lonely untill you meet new friends etc.

We would certainly like to meet new friends so if you would like to keep in contact and maybe have a coffee or a visit to a pub lol in melbourne when we arrive that would be great.

Take Care

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Hi MnS

im Jonathan (33) my Wife Emma (32) Anya (7) Neve(8) and we are coming to Melbourne on the 4th of January and like you said it can get quite lonely untill you meet new friends etc.

We would certainly like to meet new friends so if you would like to keep in contact and maybe have a coffee or a visit to a pub lol in melbourne when we arrive that would be great.

Take Care

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Thanks, yeah sure that would good. Keep in touch and drop me a PM if you want my email address.

I'm sure you will like Melbourne, its a great place and your kids will love the beach! The weather will be great by the time you get here.

Hope you have a safe journey here.

Marissa & Stuart

Guest steve.55

Hi guys,

We have been here in Frankston South East Melbourne for about 3 months. Mum and Dad and 2 teenage girls 14 & 17. Mum secured a job as a nurse before we arrived, which evened out the landing.:laugh: Dad however, still looking for work.:arghh: Just don't seem to be able to secure anything. Have we overestimated our ability to integrate, or have we made our move at the wrong time. What has been happening in the UK with the downturn in all economic areas, seems to have just started here. If we could just stay on the bike a bit longer. We keep trying.

steve.55

Guest The York Clan

Hi there

We have been in Frankston South for 3 weeks now. My hubby works (started on Mon) and I am a stay at home mum with 2 kids (5 and just 2). We move into our new house on Sat and our stuff from Scotland arrives on Monday - YIPPEE!

We are also missing family and friends but have been to transition days at school and playgroup and have met some lovely Aussies. The weather has been good most days which is great.

Please fell free to get in touch if you fancy a chat.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi guys,

We have been here in Frankston South East Melbourne for about 3 months. Mum and Dad and 2 teenage girls 14 & 17. Mum secured a job as a nurse before we arrived, which evened out the landing. Dad however, still looking for work.:arghh: Just don't seem to be able to secure anything. Have we overestimated our ability to integrate, or have we made our move at the wrong time. What has been happening in the UK with the downturn in all economic areas, seems to have just started here. If we could just stay on the bike a bit longer. We keep trying.

steve.55

Hi Steve

Congratulations and welcome to Melbourne!!! What kind of work are you looking for and I will see if anyone can help?

Kate

:biggrinxmas:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi there

We have been in Frankston South for 3 weeks now. My hubby works (started on Mon) and I am a stay at home mum with 2 kids (5 and just 2). We move into our new house on Sat and our stuff from Scotland arrives on Monday - YIPPEE!

We are also missing family and friends but have been to transition days at school and playgroup and have met some lovely Aussies. The weather has been good most days which is great.

Please fell free to get in touch if you fancy a chat.

Another congratulations on your big move to Melbourne. There is a BBQ on the 13th December at Cardinia Reservoir it is close to Narre Warren and Berwick and it would be worth popping in to say hello and have a few beers with fellow expats. We have 3 families who have recently moved over who will be attending, two of them have children under 5 years and are desperate to make new friends.

If ever I can help just shout.

Kate:biggrinxmas:

Guest steve.55

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the interest and of course the support. I have worked mainly in the construction industry, as a foreman scaffolder, however I have some other skills in OH&S and security related skills. A little diverse, I Know, however I am adaptable, willing and reliable; with impeccable credentials.

So far, I have sent out many Resumes, we know them as CVs. I have secured a couple interviews, but alas no offer of a job yet.

If you are reading this and you are in a position to help. Giz a job.

Steve.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and congrats to those who have just arrived too. Welcome! Anything we can do to help, just drop us a PM.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Kate,

Thanks for the interest and of course the support. I have worked mainly in the construction industry, as a foreman scaffolder, however I have some other skills in OH&S and security related skills. A little diverse, I Know, however I am adaptable, willing and reliable; with impeccable credentials.

So far, I have sent out many Resumes, we know them as CVs. I have secured a couple interviews, but alas no offer of a job yet.

If you are reading this and you are in a position to help. Giz a job.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Have pm'd you

Kate:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vicky B

It sounds like our lives are pretty similar at the moment. We (hubby and 2 sons 15 & 12) have been in Berwick for 3 months too. I secured a job with the Council before we came out but hubby had a couple of interviews but not been successful as yet.

Hope the New Year brings us both good fortune!!!!

Guest steve.55

Hi Vicky B,

Yes our situations sound very similar, what is striking is the fact that we have encountered another couple in the same situation, until very recently. In itself that fact gives a small amount of comfort - however it does not help you to integrate or indeed foster the spirit to continue. I continue to be upbeat and and have a positive mental attitude. I hope you can find some comfort and willpower from my few words.

Regards steve.55

Archived