HARD WORKING Plumber looking for work

Guest stevebison2000

Guest stevebison2000

Hi all.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any companies or contacts looking for plumbers in perth area.

Ive got my western australian plumbers licence and just did a gas coarse to get my gas class 'g' permit.

Ive got 5 years plumbing experience in south africa and 5 years plumbing

and gas fitting experience in uk. Got a ute and own hand tools.

Ive phoned around unlimited plumbing companies but no luck. Some specify you must have wa experience to be considered.

And help would be much appreciated as the dollars are going quickly.

Thanks guys.

Steve

Guest Frank777

Have you considered starting your own business? New but growing websites like www.whocando.com.au can provide you with leads without any investment in marketing or sales expenses. Like on eBay, I am sure one day there will be a lot of businesses existing just because of websites like WhoCanDo.

Guest stevebison2000

hi frank.

i would need to go back to the college to do another coarse to get a contractors licence if i wanted

to do work privately. cant really afford that at the moment.

thanks anyway though.

Just did a search on HAYS:

Our client is looking for a reliable Plumbers with domestic & commercial experience to join reputable teams. Based in the Perth area our client is constantly expanding and promises great opportunities for the right applicant.

To be considered for this position you will require:

• A valid WA plumbing accrediation.
  • Own tools and vehicle.
  • Abillity to work autonomously, with a great work ethic.

To discuss this further, please call Matthew Beattie on (08) 94869553 or you can send your updated resume to matthew.beattie@hays.com.au

Hi Stevebison2000, I have replied to your PM but though to mention something about the WA hidden job market. Because it is so difficult fo migrants to break into an industry if you don't have friends or a mate in it, I have compiled info on how to go about it. (work in progess) Visit:

www.perth-sa-migrant-support.com.au

I have done something on the WA economy, interaction and directories to search. Your comments will be appreciated.

Hope it helps

Hi all.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any companies or contacts looking for plumbers in perth area.

Ive got my western australian plumbers licence and just did a gas coarse to get my gas class 'g' permit.

Ive got 5 years plumbing experience in south africa and 5 years plumbing

and gas fitting experience in uk. Got a ute and own hand tools.

Ive phoned around unlimited plumbing companies but no luck. Some specify you must have wa experience to be considered.

And help would be much appreciated as the dollars are going quickly.

Thanks guys.

Steve

Have you ever thought of working outside the trade Steve?

I was a plumber over in Namibia working on a diamond mine. I came over here for a 6 month holiday to have a good look see; fell in love with Perth and never returned to Africa. My plumbing tools are still somewhere in Jo'burg.

From Perth I got a job as a plumber up the mines on Bougainville in PNG and spent 10 years up there. Unfortunately war broke out where we lived so we all had to leave in a hurry; no worries as I then scored a job in plumbing management in the nearby Solomon Islands.

After 3 magical years there we returned to Perth only to come down to earth with a bump, Advanced City & Guilds in Plumbing were not worth the paper they were printed on; I had let my WA Plumber's License expire as I had been living overseas for 13 years. I thought i could simply reapply and they would take my many years experience into account ............ but it didn't work like that. I'd actually been teaching plumbing to QLD TAFE standards for several years........... but that counted for little.

As such I didn't fancy going back to school to learn all about plumbing again when i had been working as a plumber continuously for the last 13 years since I left Perth ....... so I got a job offshore out of the trade and have never looked back.

The salary that can be earned by semi-skilled folk makes a mockery of us having served our time. If you don't have too much luck finding work within your trade Steve ........... I'd definitely look at turning your hand to somethng else.

Good luck with whatever you do decide to do.

Hi Frank777, Had a quick look at 'Whocando'. Is it regional bound i,e Perth, Bunburry? Concept sounds good but what happened if client looks for referals?

Do you have statistics available per region and service category - # of services offered, #requests for services, #actual requests fulfill

Archived