the big decision

Guest doherty4

Guest doherty4

hi all, I've been thinking of making the big move down under and have now been offered a job in perth for bgc contracting. Its a big decision to up root the wife and two kids (a 4 & 5 year old) so I'm looking for any help in deciding and convincing us that its the right move. Any info on bgc would be good and what experiences that you had relocating. what are the best areas in perth for expats?:biggrin:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there!

Welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

Huge congrats on the job offer!

I would honestly say that I 100% think you should give the move a go as you will only regret it when you're older... my mum considered moving to Oz before I was born (I'm 16 now) and my parents seriously considered going when I was 11. My mum in particular seriously regrets not going when we (my brother and myself) were younger...!

Good Luck and keep us updated...!

I don't know anything about the company I'm afraid but there's plenty of Perth fans on here so I'll hand over to them hopefully...!!!

Regards,

Dan

Guest jewels1356

wow you luky thing in your shoes id go for it such a better life for the kids but then again its not for everyone if you and the other half say yes and your prepaired to work on it the goooooo for it and good luck

julie

xx

Hi there.

Obviously you`ll be looking at the pros and cons for your personal situation. I`d say that 4 and 5 is a perfect age to move kids. It seems as though people who have close, strong family ties and a tight knit circle of friends would find it the biggest wrench - because they miss having them around, the help they provide and actually seeing them. If you can live with that I think that`s half the battle.

Good luck with the late night conversations to come!!

All the best.

Archived