Can you help my friend?

jo90

Hiya!

My friend is applying for 175 visa on line without an agent. She is filling in the details of her boyfriend - main applicant - but says there is no option for partner (her relationship to main applicant) in the drop down for migrating dependants.

She's been told that when she fills in the payment page then the partner details are then asked ??? She doesn't want to chance it incase it ends up with her not on his visa appliaction.

Can anyone help???

:hug:

Jo x x

Hiya!

My friend is applying for 175 visa on line without an agent. She is filling in the details of her boyfriend - main applicant - but says there is no option for partner (her relationship to main applicant) in the drop down for migrating dependants.

She's been told that when she fills in the payment page then the partner details are then asked ??? She doesn't want to chance it incase it ends up with her not on his visa appliaction.

Can anyone help???

Jo x x

hi jo,

maybe it states it as de-facto or spouse.. de - facto is when you are livin as man an wife but not married :confused:

hope this hepls

caza

Guest sarahjustwishing

Hi,

We applied for 457 so must be different application, I put hubbys name as main applicant and then it give me the option to "Add" others more or less straight away, if no joy tell her to phone the Australian embassy in London, only drawback is its £1.00 per minute!

Good luck

sarah

Guest hazelandmathew

hiya yeah your mate needs to add her boyfriend as defacto.when i applied i was engaged but when you selected this there was no option to put in your partners details and its scary enough pushing the submit button.

for your friends partner to be on the visa you have to prove that you have been together for at least 12 months so joint bills,mortage/rent payments, photos statements from friends etc can all be used as evidence.

hope this helps

Guest littlesarah

She needs to add herself as 'defacto spouse'. They may need to demonstrate/prove that they live together as if they're married, but for most couples this is pretty easy to do.

Good luck to them!

Sarah

Guest Gollywobbler
Hiya!

Can anyone help???

Jo x x

Hi Jo

Is your friend completing the application on line? If so, there is a quirk with the on-line form and it is a well known fault with the thing. Apparently there is a most obscure box somewhere on about Page 1. If you forget to tick this box because you don't notice it, then for love nor money the electronic form cannot be persuaded to bring up the page that deals with a Partner, I gather. It happened to a friend of mine with his sc 176 application earlier this year.

He resolved it by phoning the ASPC to ask why the form was not allowing him to add his wife? Apparently the guy at the ASPC had a go and he couldn't get the relevant page to appear either. He groaned and told my friend, "Release the application into the system. When it gives you the TRN, e-mail me with the TRN and your wife's details. I will add her to the application manually."

So it is a glitch with the form (one of the hidden traps set by IT to keep everyone on their toes and create mountains of unnecessary work for everyone else!)

Your friend might want to ring the ASPC to discuss it with them:

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Alternatively I am 99% sure that Veronika Hurbis (SOMV on here) has come across this problem and knows how to get round it. She is a Registered Migration Agent in London and her contact details are here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/somv.html

Your friend may want to ask Veronika instead (or you could do so on her behalf.)

Best wishes

Gill

Archived