teacher training UK vs OZ

My family and I now have our visas to go over to Oz and the only reason I'm staying is for my man. now hes said he will come over for a few months when they first go but then we will come back so he can start his PGCE in this country, for secondry school teaching, which he will get finded for as his degree is in music and that is something thats neeeded over here at the mo.

I'm just wondering how much it will cost him to do a post grad over there to become a music teacher, or if indeed as an international he can. please help! ps he doesnt have a visa, but has a degree and is under 25....... im trying to get him to come over so need to present the arguement!

Guest LX_RV86

Hi:

I finished my PGCE in August 2008 in Post Graduate Secondary ICT. You also need to consider that he will need at least 12 months work experience before applying to go over as a teacher. This is currently my only holdback :(

Guest hazelandmathew

Hiya, my husband is in a similar sort of boat as you now. He will be starting teacher training in brisbane in feb.We are going over on my 175 visa when it is finalised but he may have to apply for a student visa if immigration dont get a move on! you will need to apply for a course at whatever uni (but i think applications for feb entry is too late now)

Also you will have to apply for your course as international student which is quite expensive (about $15000 or £6000). Bear in mind that teacher training over here you get a bursary which makes it much more affordable. When you have been accepted on a course you can then apply for a student visa which is about 200 quid i think.

hope this helps

haze

thanks for ur help guys, i think itd be much more sensible and financially viable for him to do it over here, he already knows that but im being inpatient!!!!! thanks for ur tips :wink:

Archived