Hellllooooo!

Guest tandcmum

Guest tandcmum

I'm Suzanne, I'm a nurse maried with 2 kids who are 7 and 5 and we are just starting out in the process of moving to Oz.

You might all think we are mad as we have never even visited Oz but it's somewhere we have always wanted to go and we have always wanted to give living and working in another country a go so we are combining the two and going on an adventure. We are planning on going over with my nursing, probably on a 457 visa and are saying we will go over for a 2 year stint and if we like it we apply for PR, if not we will come home. We don't currently own a home here in the Uk and have no ties whatsoever and the kids are still young an adaptable so we have decided why the heck not.

Have been doing lots of research and have decided we would like to live either in Perth (well the suburbs somewhere) or in Queensland (and not really fussy whereabouts in QLD although Cairns or townsville are current faves)

we are just starting out and i have started applying for some nursing positions so we will see what happens from here on

looking forward to getting to know you all :notworthy:

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi

Welcome to PIO!!! I don't think you are mad, we have never been to oz either! There are quite a few on here who are just taking the plunge!!! I am sure you will love this site, its very friendly, people are alway willing to answer your questions if they can. It won't be long before you are as addicted as the rest of us!!!

Michelle x

Guest guest17301

Welcome Suzanne, your situation sounds similar to ours...I have a job in Perth and start in Feb09, we looked at QLD too before plumping for Perth. PM me if you would like to chat or any info x

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Suzanne! Welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!

You've got a great attitude and you're very lucky (in some ways) that you don't have any ties so Lots of Luck!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

If your mad then most of us must be to.....I know so many peeps including myself, OH, Son 12 and daughter 6 who came without ever visiting Oz before. We have been here 18 months and love it. Myself and OH luckily have never been homesick though our son was for a while.

Its a great age for the kids to come over as they start most of the sports at that age for them to get involved in.

Good Luck with your visas hope they come through quickly.

axx

Archived