october joiners help us!!!

jackster

october joiners help us!!!

hi fellas,

congratulations to you guys who passed, ive got mine booked for feb 17th accrington, couple of questions... what sort of things did you do?, was it straight forward?,what sort of question were asked? was it fairly relaxed? finally, car parking is there any. all replies will be appreciated, and not just by me, thanks fellas and congratulations once again

jack crown_banner_3.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack

Just read a message that says you are doing your test in Accrington on 17th Feb

Same here mate Ive read a couple of messages saying that the test isnt that difficult most of the questions are common sense

The thing that is at the back of my mind is the roof I havn't done a roof in years as Ive been off the tools for 5 years cos been in managment (applying for a Supervisor in Carpentry/Joinery family sponsord 176 Visa) Sister lives in Perth

Please feel free to get intouch may be we might be able to answer each others questions

Gary (Gazza)

36_15_61.gif Wish you guys all the best - OH did his test at Accrington back in July but in Carpentry. I'm sure someone will be along who did joinery - but feel free to PM us if you want, hopefully we might be able to help! Plenty of parking at Accrington.

Kim and George

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=undefined

Guest chidge10

Hi

I did my Vetasses test back on July 21st 08. I was pooing my pants but on the day they make you feel relaxed etc. We had to make a saw horse and machine some timber up then produce a mortice and tenon joint plus a bridle joint. peice of p#*s.

Also set out a door and planed some timber up using an electric plane. As for tools, I took everthing I could fit in my van. Had to drive up the day before from London and stayed over night at the premier inn up the road. get there early. I was there about 7am. Loads of parking. The college is on your left as you go up the road. Drive through the second, (I think) gate and you can park round the back. You register through a door thats at the front of the building. Just look for everyone else looking s**t scared. I took my time and didnt rush anything. It cost you loads of money, so try to enjoy it. I did and the examiners are really friendly and down to earth guys. One other thing. Make sure all you planes and chisels are razor sharp. And take a tenon saw. All the joints have to be cut by hand. Have a good packed lunch, (you get 30 mins) and lots to drink. Ask questions and take your time. I was the last one out of there at about 6.30pm and I had to drive back to London !!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Archived