vetassess test

Guest chesh

:jiggy:alrite peeps got my skills test on feb 16 in accrington im from dunfermline in scotland any other fellow scots going down on the same date let me know

I took the practical electricians test on 30th of oct, passed successful, got paper work through on friday. A quetion if i may ask, have posted replys to people on here but do not know how to post a question / or make a statement. would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Hi congrats on your result, cant help with the question as i only ever reply to threads and would like to

know answer to this question too.

andy

well done on passing andy is the test done in facing brick common brick is there any blockwork things like that how long does it last

cheers alan

hey dobber well done at the top of this thread there is a button that says thread tools press that and it lets you put a new thread up hope this helps cheers

Hi Alan, You have to build a cavity corner with a broken bond and a raking cut, we used the same bricks as the lads the previous day. Also a 1 and a half brick pier with corbel and capping, and they check very thouroughly. You get a plan to work off and it is fairly straight forward. I found the harder part answering the questions as it is quite nerve racking and they do ask some quite odd questions including laying glass bricks which i had never done! Also read up on arches as they ask you to name different types. My day started at 7.45 and finished at 3. andy

cheers andy building work seem pretty straight forward questions ill have to get back into ma books im 39 so a while since ive been at college lol thanx for all your help what part of oz ya going to?

Hi Alan, You will be fine with test, I am same age as you and my college books went out of the window a long time ago! We are hoping to move somewhere around the Maitland area quite close to Newcastle and Sydney but am also tempted by Brisbane especially after seeing some negative posts on Sydney on PIO. I may do a recce in feb/march 09 as i have never been and need to see for myself what i am letting myself in for. The wife,s lived there for a year so she has more of an idea. However the whole process is very exciting and am really looking forward to a new start. How about you?

sounds good we were thinking of perth i have a nepthew thats been ut there for 3 years says its great my family and me has never been taking a big chance but hey cant be worse than this country now heard perth was slowing down for bricklayers but my nepthew still says its busy im a great beleaver that you let your tools do the talking if your good enough there is work anywhere so hows the visa coming along you done medicals yet ?

Archived