Scantuary Lakes

Guest Lucy T

Hi, my husband and I are relocating to Melbourne for a couple of years with our 2 daughter (aged 2 and 4 mths). We are considering Scantuary Lakes, can anyone give me the lowdown on the area?

Hi there. I have had loads of info from various people re; sanc lakes all of which is pretty positive. I also contacted them for info anf they sent me out a huge bundle of indo incl a DVD on the area (which cost them about $50 to send to me). I really like the look of it and intend to start off there when/if when ever sell the house!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Rachael

Wasn't the information from Sandhurst? Sorry I must have misunderstood when you told me last time ha,ha. Hope things are well with you.

hi i found santuray lakes very lovely new area. lots of new houses going up everywhere and a fresh feel to everything. the only problem i found was the house prices were quite steep compaired to surrounding areas. we have settled for point cook and looking also at werribee. nothing can compair with acutlaly seeing the places for urself. hope your lucky in your search. tess xx

Guest Michelle2

Hi Lucy,

Sanctuary Lakes is a really nice area, but I would not buy a house there. I was talking with a local of Melbourne recently and she told me the house's are built on land where they use to put salt or something. Anyway, its like a gated community and looks a bit like leggo land, all the houses are huge and it all looks the same - sorry to anyone who lives in there, it just reminded me of a gated American housing estate. Point Cook is really nice the area is about 10 years old and they have just opened a new town centre you can visit the website www.pointcook.com.au. Seabrook is very nice too about 20 years old - it use to be part of Laverton, but for some reason the council decided to change it to Seabrook (which is where I live - funny even the local don't know where Seabrook is). Australian life is very nice, but it is very hard been away from everything you know and your family. The surburbs are very quiet, don't see much kids out playing on the street usually for an hour after school - but its very quiet at the weekends there's not many people about in the streets in the day. I am a stay at home mum, my daughter is 20 months old. There's lots of creche's around my little one goes to ABC, the staff are really great. Altona Beach is only 5 miles away, it has a really long pier, nice park where they have lots of different events/fairs. Try realestate.com.au if your looking for property. Werribee Plaza is where all the shopping is, it is about 7 miles away www.werribeeplaza.com Point cook comes under Wyndham Vale city council you could try there website, Seabrook is Hobsons Bay City Council. If you check the photo gallery I am going to try and put some photos of the area on there for everyone to look at. When are you due to arrive in Melbourne?

Guest homesickchick
Hi, my husband and I are relocating to Melbourne for a couple of years with our 2 daughter (aged 2 and 4 mths). We are considering Scantuary Lakes, can anyone give me the lowdown on the area?

Hi Lucy, we moved to Sanctuary Lakes in Sept, it is a beautiful quiet place close to all amenities with all you will need at Point cook, schools,shops, medical etc.. The lakes have a rec club with gym (free to residents/tenants), lap pool, golf course with Bistro, and lovely walks. Its a 35 min drive to city outside of rush hour, the nearest train stn is 10 min drive away, and its 35 mins on train into the city.....There are some beautiful homes here but also a lot of building work still ongoing....The nearest beaches are about 20mins away at Altona and Werribee...Hope this all helps, if you have any more questions and i can help i will!

Alison

Guest claire9592

Hi Lucy

We have recently just got back from Oz on our 3 week recci, we came across Sanctuary Lakes on way to Point Cook, it is a beautiful area, a lot of large houses so if you only wanted a single story you would be set back from the Lake ( which again is beautiful) we enquired at the estate office and there is a lot of building going on over the next 12 months, the land prices are quite high and the down side is you have to pay a ground rent for use of the facilities each year, I think it was around 1600 dollars. This put us off as we dont play golf and dont see the need for a public pool when we plan to have our own. The web site is Sanctuary Lakes Real Estate Agent, Lifestyle Property - Sanctuary Lakes Resort Sales I am on the mailing list so get to see what is coming up and when which is helpful.

We decided on Point Cook as the land and house prices were a lot more affordable and it fealt a bit more homely there, we plan to be out there in August next year that is if our house sells and that is not looking very promising at the moment.

I have a list of schools and a map of the area if you want it, just PM me.

Good luck

Claire

Archived