drought

Guest scottish-kiwi

Guest scottish-kiwi

we have 4 young kids and hope to be in brisbane later this year - have heard the drought out there is affecting water supplies - anyone already there who can advise is it posing any major problems. read in a newspaper some homes had the land they were built on drying out and cracking up . many thanks

Hi Scottish-Kiwi

I was doing the usual house search on real estate yesterday and came across a house in Bellmere advertising a house for sale that would suit a "brikkie" as the brick work had cracked due to the land drying out :?

I had been looking at this area to migrate in July :!: :!:

Al.

its been raining today !!!! there is a drought from a personal use perspective ,,you get water tanks fitted to catch the rain ,and it does rain ,,from a building point of view ,i believe it was a few building organisations cutting corners with construction but there has been a couple of instances of cracking,they actualy recomend you water the bricks !!!

you also have to be careful what soil the house is built on as black soil moves and leaves you in a similar position.so far i havnt heard of any houses having to be rebuilt or anything extreme ,,you may also find it applys to more inland areas that arent getting any rain ,,hope this helps

Cal x

Guest scottish-kiwi

thanks for the replies guys - trying to move overseas is stressful enough and now the added burden of water shortages and dry land but i know it'll all be worth it (well i hope it will)!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest montbrehain

It might also do well to remember that Aussie houses are not all brick like most British ones and that Most are built to withstand local conditions. So cracking depends on the type of house you but "MO"

Hi,

Here in Nsw we are on level 4 restriction which means

no hoses or pipes to water grass/flowers/bushes or wash down paths

no filling on swimming pools

no washing of cars

the showers on the beaches have all been switched off along with drinking fountains

town water use target is 150 litres per person per day

bottled water prices are starting to rise

Archived