Shipping Quotes / Marine Insurance

Guest kdal

Hi Guys

Well we have decided whom we are going to ship with and today got the insurance quote and nearly fell of my chair !!

Ok we have a 20ft container and tried to make our insurance list as small as possible but the value was approx £22,000.00

We have just been quoted by our shippers £594.00 for the insurance.

Have you used the insurance given to you by your shippers or has anyone else gone to a marine broker and got a better quote? If so can you please give me the details so that I can phone around.

Thank you for any help

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Kim, we put a value of twenty grand on our's and our insurance was approx £200.00, but don't go "All Risks" go "Total Lost" because you will be covered both sides by the removal people insurance, you are just insuring against the ship sinking, well that's what our removal man told us.......

Good luck, hope you didn't hurt yourself to badly when you fell off the chair....

KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Kim we used the shipping companies insurance, and I just looked at the paperwork and it was £250.00 - 1.25%

Hope that helps, and yes we are fine, thanks for asking.

KP Nuts

Guest JoanneHattersley

Its VERY scary when you add it all up to find out how much you are worth! We realised that we had over 40,000 UK pounds worth of cds and dvds. That was BEFORE anything else.

I have to admit I didnt care what I paid for insurance, as long as it covered me should anything happen and that I could replace if needed.

The company we used were fantastic, delivered 2 weeks early and NOTHING broken , damaged or missing!

Simpsons of Kent. Mum and Dad (mr and Mrs CazBeckham) are using them too

Hi Jo, Thanks for the reply we are using Doner Boree to ship and the quote was reasonable compared to others, but now their insurance has just put them to one of the more expensive quotes we had!

Its an idea when people get their shipping quotes in to also ask them what their percentage is on shipping the goods, something we didnt ask as we thought it would be standard across the board, but by looking at what Kim (KP Nuts) says it is not.

It's not that I dont want to pay it we havent sold our house here so going with limited funds we need to shop around for prices as we need every penny we have for when we arrive in Australia to tie us over until we find work. If we would have sold we would probably of paid and been done with it but unfortunately cannot afford that sort of money if I can get the same stuff insured for £300.00 less, it's alot more dollars in your **se pocket lol

Archived