Melbourne

Guest lolajays

Guest lolajays

It appears that Melborne have bricklaying jobs and childcare jobs so that kind of makes the decision on where to move easier. But we cant afford to move into Melborne until I can sponsor my mum to come over so we will have to live on the outskirts somewhere. Any recommendations? Ive looked at houses in Golden square, bendigo, geelong all well in our price range but of course we dont know what each area offers. We need to be near some good schools my son is "gifted and talented" apparently:huh: but I think we will be looking at state schools maybe in the first instance im not sure until our jobs are sorted. The kids are 11 and 9 at the mo. Any advice please!

Thanks

Tracey Mark Rhys and Chloe

Melbourne is a huge area and you need to decide on an area where you would like to live, near the beach, inland, hilly, flat, expensive, middle of the road, cheap.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and check out some places like Werribee, Point Cook, Frankston, Berwick, Pakenham, Mornington, these areas are further out. Miles apart from each other too. Just to get you started on where to look, also check google world and follow the cameras around and have a look at the areas.

Good luck.

Bendigo is a fair way from Melbourne.

Guest The Pom Queen

We have just relocated two brickie families to Lynbrook and Lyndhurst. There is plenty of work for Brickies at the moment in Lyndhurst, Carrum, Berwick and Cranbourne as well as lots of other suburbs close by, so you don't have to head to Bendigo or Golden Square.

Guest lolajays
We have just relocated two brickie families to Lynbrook and Lyndhurst. There is plenty of work for Brickies at the moment in Lyndhurst, Carrum, Berwick and Cranbourne as well as lots of other suburbs close by, so you don't have to head to Bendigo or Golden Square.

I will be in touch im sure! What are our chances of renting with two dogs????? We do have a back up plan if it isnt possible but would rather take them straight over with us!

Guest lolajays
Melbourne is a huge area and you need to decide on an area where you would like to live, near the beach, inland, hilly, flat, expensive, middle of the road, cheap.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and check out some places like Werribee, Point Cook, Frankston, Berwick, Pakenham, Mornington, these areas are further out. Miles apart from each other too. Just to get you started on where to look, also check google world and follow the cameras around and have a look at the areas.

Good luck.

Bendigo is a fair way from Melbourne.

Well near a beach would be nice and middle of the road I think up to about $400000. We have been looking at the new properties you know house and land or something like that but not sure what they entale. Just so that no work needs doing on them and we can enjoy our family time together rather than my husband working at home too! :smile: We will look to rent first as I think it will be easier to buy if we are in the country and far more sensible.

Beach and country is a hard one, Melbourne and Beach a bit easier, Frankston, Seaford, Carrum, Bon Beach, Chelsea, Mordialloc, are all areas close to the beach and with property in your price range this side of the bay.

The other side of the bay Point Cook, Altona, Werribee, Geelong would have houses in your price range too.

Depends where oh is going to be working as well, you do not want him to spend hours and hours travelling every day.

Large country towns are Ballarat no beach, Bendigo no beach, Warnambool has a beach,Bairnsdale not far from beach.

My son lives up on the Murray River and there are a lot of nice towns on the River, Albury Wodonga is a very nice city, Albury is in New South Wales and Wodonga is in Victoria but they are close together.

Just keep having a look around and there will be somewhere that takes your eye.

Check out Frankston, Rosebud (anywhere along the Mornington Peninsula), great beachside properties (Lakewood Estate in Frankston very nice) and Rosebud a bit cheaper, but one of the suburbs to watch for future growth. All that area linked by the new freeway/tollway (part of it) and accessible to Melbourne. Good job opportunities on the Peninsula there.

Great place to live.:yes:

cheers

Olly

Guest The Pom Queen
I will be in touch im sure! What are our chances of renting with two dogs????? We do have a back up plan if it isnt possible but would rather take them straight over with us!

It depends on the landlord and agent, we offer short term furnished accommodation some of which is pet friendly whilst you find a long term rental, or you could use www.melbourne-petminders.com.au who board the pets with them until you get a rental sorted.

We do have agents who work with us in finding accommodation for people with pets, however, I will be honest with you by saying that most Aussies keep their dogs outdoors so if you do get a landlord to accept them it may be on the condition that they are kept outdoors, although the landlords know that the dogs still come in to the house.

Landlords are not allowed to ask for a pet friendly bond, however, it doesn't harm to offer one. Also get some references together for the dogs, yes I know it may sound silly, but landlords want to know if your dog is well behaved. If your vet could write you a letter saying he has known the dogs for ex amount of time and that they suffer no phobias or seperation anxiety then this will help.

Good luck with the move and if you have any more questions please ask away, that's what we are all here for.

Kate:wubclub:

Guest lolajays
It depends on the landlord and agent, we offer short term furnished accommodation some of which is pet friendly whilst you find a long term rental, or you could use www.melbourne-petminders.com.au who board the pets with them until you get a rental sorted.

We do have agents who work with us in finding accommodation for people with pets, however, I will be honest with you by saying that most Aussies keep their dogs outdoors so if you do get a landlord to accept them it may be on the condition that they are kept outdoors, although the landlords know that the dogs still come in to the house.

Landlords are not allowed to ask for a pet friendly bond, however, it doesn't harm to offer one. Also get some references together for the dogs, yes I know it may sound silly, but landlords want to know if your dog is well behaved. If your vet could write you a letter saying he has known the dogs for ex amount of time and that they suffer no phobias or seperation anxiety then this will help.

Good luck with the move and if you have any more questions please ask away, that's what we are all here for.

Kate:wubclub:

We could get references easily from our trainers our dogs are agility dogs. We crate them in the house anyway so maybe it is a possibility???? Anyhow as I said we have another option or we could board them over there. Thanks for the advice

Mark and Tracey

Archived