Altona North house for rent!!

Guest Chris and Kate Knights

My wife and I are wanting to relocate to Perth (because of work offers) which means we are having to break our lease, so if there is anybody who is looking to rent a brand new home with 2 beds, seperate bath and toilet, a lovely fitted kitchen and seperate laundry room, all the mod cons, ducted air-con and heating, outdoor alfresco and garden shed. A great location in a quiet, clean neighbourhood, 5 mins walk to shopping centres and public transport, 10 min drive to beaches of Altona and Williamstown, and still very close to city centre.

So if anyone would be interested reply to this post and then I can supply contact details to you.

Regards Chris and Katie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GVK on our way

Hi, Chris and Katie we are due to arrive in Melbourne from Sheffield Sth Yorks Jan/Feb .. Altona North was one of the locations we looked at due to convenience of the area for work .. could you give us more information we are 28 and a young 38 lol.... with a 2yr old daughter .. information required :- child friendly ? (1st and foremost)... price per month ?.. and if there is anything else you may want to add it would be much appreciated.. if neither apply you may have some useful tips about the area or surrounding areas my partner Vicki worked in Melbourne for a year in 2000 so she has a general knowledge of Melbourne but 8 yrs has passed and circumstances are different .. p.s this is the 1st time we,ve posted but your descriptive of your home is exactly what we were searching on the rental websites , this prompted me to reply thanks for your time Keith and Vicki x

Keith and Vicki,

Nice to hear from you and good luck with the move to oz, and you're idea that living around altona north and the surrounding areas is spot on, especially with you having a wee nipper, like i may have said before it is a great location with all that you need within easy reach, where as moving around in the western suburbs you will find that heading farther north on the west side(particularly around the Ballarat road and above) you will soon see that it is definitley more urbanized with a more inner city style of living, i.e heavier traffic, less parklands or quiet places.

Now wih regards to child friendly side of things, well it is a little tricky to comment as we don't have kids but I can say that there is a kindergaten, 2 primary schools, 2 or 3 parks, and a brand new leisure centre complex all within 10 minutes walk, and have also noticed that there are mother/father and baby groups advertised in the local papers, but if you need to find out anymore try the Hobson Bay City Council website for all the in's and out's of local services.

Right now this house is being rented out at $350 p.w which may seem to be a little pricey but this is melboune at the moment all the rentals are at a premium because of the slow movement of house sales, but in comparison to alot of eastern and northern suburbs turn out it's the going rate, and also being a brand new house we feel it's a resonable price for the area. So you can contact our agents at Barry Plant Real Estate, Yarraville office, for more details if you so wish, speak to or e-mail for the attention of Daniella just mention the Kyle road property and our names and hopefully she can offer any more info for you, aswell as e-mail you some photos of the house.

Anyway I hope this has been of some help to you and don't hesitate to ask for any more queries, all the best for now, Chris and Kate

Guest GVK on our way

bit pushed for time at mo so quick reply for now.. thanks for all the info just trying to get a clearer picture of your situation are you due to leave soon would we be taking on the remainder of your lease?? .. price sounds middle of the road really not sure of wages we,ll both be earning in the short term as yet so difficult to assess affordability .. Vicki flys out before me on Jan 7th and will be eager to achieve a rental before i eventually arrive in feb p,s her mum (who is an aussie) and her father are already in melbourne albeit 2hrs from CBD sounds ideal and may be what we are looking for when i have more time may have a look at picture ...for now thanks ever so much for your time regards keith and vic x

Archived