Where to start?

noel2538

Hi

My family are hoping we can emigrate to Australia. We have just starting out on our journey and this site is brilliant :) I filled out the Free Assessment on the site.

Can anybody point us in the right direction of where we should start and in what order things should be done? Im 40 and my fiance is 43 - not too old :lol:

I contacted a company today, they say my fiance has enough points for a 'Skilled Visa' but the cost of them doing everything is over £2k. Im good at form filling and dealing with government bodies, as I used to work for a large bank.

Can we do things on our own or is finding a company to do it all, better?

Thanks Noel :)

Guest silverstargazer38

we too are doing all the forms ourselves, get lots of a4 paper lots of printing out forms. All the info is on the immigration australia site

http://www.immi.gov.au. There are lots of pdf information booklets on this site to help you http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/ its just a matter of trawling through all the information. phew!!

you need Trades Recognition Australia Form, its tedious getting certificates together etc, but saves a lot of money.

later on you need form 47SK visa

glad somebody else knows how it feels, my brain hurts, ive even got some library books out and i hate reading :lol:

i printed out a trades recognition form for my OH, i just hope i can fill it out ok? not sure what to do next though any pointers :?:

hope you get on ok too :)

Guest silverstargazer38

We are at the same stage we are skilled - independent subclass 136

hubby is a plasterer. We are in the process of tracking down certificates hes lost £34.00 each for his City and guilds, can take up to 4 weeks for them to find it. Basically we have to get references from 8 different employers he has had over the past 15 years. So we are at that stage,

waiting for certs to arrive, photocopying other certificates he still has,

A lot of writing to do!! Looks like were at same stage really!!

HOW TO WRITE A TRA PLEASE someone may help

Guest kimdownie

Hi silverstargazer,

we have just sent stuff off to TRA last week, I just wanted to mention the City and Guilds certificate thing! We sent a cheque for £35 to get certified copies of my OH certificates. We contacted C&G after 4 weeks as they still hadn't arrived. 2 weeks later still not recieved anything so we contacted them again, each time they said they had sent them. Time was ticking on so we looked into other ways of certifying - Did you know that you could just photo copy them and print on the back " I hereby certify that I..... " giving name, address, contact number, occupation and signature of either a teacher, solicitor, doctor ( a full list available on TRA website) have witnessed that these are true copies of original certificates and show the person the originals and get them to fill in the details on the back of the copy. A doctor/dentist/solicitor will charge for this service so if you can approach a teacher, or you have a friend in one of the above occupations it will be much easier. You can also use them for all other certified copies BUT not any STAT DECS. We have also got our money back from city and guilds ( they were very obliging with this for some reason!)I hope this helps.

Hi silverstargazer

Sorry to be thick, im new to this site, what is pm'd and where do i find it :? :?:

got email this morning too, from migration agency, says we appear to be eligible to migrate to Oz on Skilled visa - Here we go :!: :D

further advise needed; im divorced with 2 children, 13 and 16, they live with me and partner. Do i need to get fathers consent for them to emigrate? Another agency said 'yes' or should i see family law solicitor :?:

thanks x

Guest silverstargazer38

pm is personal message, the icon that says pm at the left hand side of the message just email thing!!

We too have a 12 year old who now lives with us, due to him not getting on with his mum, and on the custody form we got from the court. it says that you cannot take child out of country without other parents permission. You have to get a statutory declaration, signed by the other parent, As evidence as this is required on the visa.

This would have to be legally done via solicitor. I have not got round to doing this yet it something we have to do later.

I haven't got round to doing the written tra as husband said hes going to tackle it at the weekend. Hes just going to describe jobs in detail, and list the tools he used.

Archived