Handsworth Wood Medical Centre

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi Just thought anyone who's thinking of using this centre might like some info....

We had our medicals and x-rays at Handsworth Wood on Friday, the staff are very friendly and helpful. It took 2 hours for us to go through the whole process as they were busy - there were over 14 people having immigration medicals.

They charge £260+VAT per adult which includes courier fees to Sydney.

It was a bit like being on a conveyor belt - 1st you see the administrator who checks your forms/passports etc, then it was the phlebotomist for blood test, weight/height,eye sight test and blood pressure, then chest x-ray (my OH had his done twice as he took too big a breath and she couldn't fit all his lungs on the x-ray !)

Then we both saw the doctor together for a quick look in our eyes/ears/mouths, check pulse, listen to heart/breathing and check for hernias.

Then it was back to the administrator to pay !

They expect blood test results within 12 days and will ring if any problems, otherwise they e-mail to let us know when the paperwork has been sent and will give us the tracking details.

Then its a case of waiting for OZ to get their a into g !

Lisa:cute:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Lisa... thanks for the info!

Is £260 plus VAT per adult quite reasonble then???

Hope everything goes well with your results!

Dan xx

Hi Lisa... thanks for the info!

Is £260 plus VAT per adult quite reasonble then???

Hope everything goes well with your results!

Dan xx

Not sure Dan - suppose it depends on the quality of the adult - i mean I think £260 for George Clooney would be a bargain ! Then again £ for lb Jonny Vegas would be cheap deal !:biglaugh:

HI,

£260+VAT is medical, x-ray and courier fee all-in, not sure how this compares to other centres.

Lisa

Guest WARDStoOZ
Not sure Dan - suppose it depends on the quality of the adult - i mean I think £260 for George Clooney would be a bargain ! Then again £ for lb Jonny Vegas would be cheap deal !:biglaugh:

Lol thanks Lisa!

Dan xx

• 2 years later...

The Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead, Berkshire, charges £193 per adult, £85 per child under 11, as this doesn't include blood tests or XRAYS, what a rip off but cheaper than the above.

Archived