Timescale... Timescale... OH JOLLY TIMESCALE!?

LukeM

Hello all,

Mum is hassling me to get on PIO and ask this on her behalf... so here I am at 4 on a Friday afternoon, last day of my reading week asking away!!

We had our application lodged in the last week of August for our 175 skilled independent migrant VISA and have confirmation of that in writing dated 28th August.

Now we're sitting around on our bums, waiting!

We've had a 2 year contract from the hospital where my mum's job offer came from in Adelaide and now - as I said, we're waiting!!

Our reccie is just under 8 weeks away (about 54 days now I think!!) Flying on 17th December!! 3 weeks Down Under, how exciting! :jimlad:

Does anybody have any idea how long it might be before meds etc are requested?

Cheers,

Luke.

Guest trixabella

hi,

we lodged our 175 visa on 31 august online.

we were told by our agent that it will be about 6 months before our medicals are requested.

some people get ther meds done b4 they are requested which does seem to speed up getting your visa, but we havnt sold our house yet, so we our going to wait until they are requested because we dont want to have the added expense of having to validate our visas.

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi

We lodged our 175 visa online on the 11th April 2008, and we are still waiting for a case officer. Some people who lodged theres after us have been allocated a case officer, so although they are meant to do them in date order I think its luck of the draw really!!!!!!! We have now front loaded our meds and police checks as we are ready to go once visa is granted!!!!!

I bet you are really looking forward to spending christmas in oz!!!!! I bet you want want to come back!!! Hope you have a great time.

michelle x

Ta Michelle,

probably not - but I've got to go back to College and work once we get back :arghh:

The story never changes anyway eh?

I guess we probably could do meds before they're requested, get them out of the way but then it might mean that we loose time at the other end of the VISA being granted. I think the aim will be to see how much we like it there over Christmas, and if we think it's worth it try and start putting the house up for sale when we're back and try to flog it ASAP then we're not hanging about really... rent somewhere for a bit, get the VISA and validate and stay there I guess!

It's all a bit "if" and "but" at the moment though in the current financial climate. :arghh:

Guest michelle in Havant
Ta Michelle,

probably not - but I've got to go back to College and work once we get back :arghh:

The story never changes anyway eh?

I guess we probably could do meds before they're requested, get them out of the way but then it might mean that we loose time at the other end of the VISA being granted. I think the aim will be to see how much we like it there over Christmas, and if we think it's worth it try and start putting the house up for sale when we're back and try to flog it ASAP then we're not hanging about really... rent somewhere for a bit, get the VISA and validate and stay there I guess!

It's all a bit "if" and "but" at the moment though in the current financial climate.

Its so difficult isnt it!! We took the risk and sold the house and we are now renting, and we waited 5 months before we did the medicals. We were going to wait till we had a case officer and they requested them, but it go to the point where we felt like we had to be doing something towards gaining our visa or we would go mad:wacko:

I think in this current climate we just have to have faith in ourselves that we are making the right decisions, after all migration is a big step and we must all be risk takers in one way or another to even start the process!!!!!

Good luck with the house sale in the new year!!!!!

michelle x

Archived