Cheap shipping companies back to UK

Guest yorkshirelass

Guest yorkshirelass

Hey - Can anyone help with any recommendations of shipping companies back to the UK - been quoted $8000 for a 20 ft container - does anyone know of any cheaper companies - thanks:v_SPIN:

Guest Barry78

I think the price may depend on where you are going from and to? A few people on here have mentioned Across the Ocean Shipping, we used them on the way over and they were good. www.atoshipping.com

Admin Note: Please note, the impartiality of the post above may be in question as the post originates from the Across the Ocean Shipping company.

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

Ive got 3 companies coming next week, but I think 8k for 20ft container is the norm.

We've been thinking we may only take back bare essentials, because of the cost.

Will let you know when the quotes come back.

Guest yorkshirelass

Thanks Guys :yes:- will keep checking to see if you have any luck with any cheaper companies - we think we may only take back the essentials if it is going to be about 8K.:no:

Hi, i've just sorted out my removals back to the U.K, and i have used GRACE REMOVALS, i did use them to come out here and they were great, a good price too. They have given me a brilliant quote to ship stuff back home, while others were practically quoting double what Grace were.

Good luck with it all, hope you get it sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yorkshirelass

Hi

Just been quoted $6500 for a 40ft container door to door with universal shipping. Cheapest quote yet and believe me I have had quotes from heaps of people.

Check out their website www.universalmove.com

Hope this helps everyone!

Guest yorkshirelass

Forget this company universalmove - just done a check on them and they have gone bust - DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!

Just want to let you know of the nightmare we have had with Oceansky removal company.

They quoted us back in aug for 20ft door to door for $7200 and I was told that if I pay a 20% deposit the price would not change. I went with them (even though they were not the cheapest) because they seemed really professional.

They are coming Monday to start packing and i received a call Friday to say that I have to pay an extra $1376 :arghh:

They said its because the Oz dollar has weakened and it was inthe small print in my contract.I explained that the sales man told me otherwise and there response was If he told you it was going to rain tomorrow would you believe him!!!!

Its too late for us to get another shipper so we have to pay it but If we can stop them from doing the same to another person I will be happier.

Guest Barry78

Thats terrible news and highly unprofessional.

I would not use them on that principal regardless of time issues.

Where are you moving from and to?

Archived