Acts - aqfiii

nickynush

Hi

OH has just acheived his AQFIII in wall and floor tiling with ACTS and has his certificate in hand today :jiggy:

I can throughly recommend these guys to anyone who needs to do this for TRA pathway E. The whole process has just taken over a month, and though costly, means no more waiting for pathway D or MAP news from TRA!! We can now start the ball rolling on our application finally after hanging around since January. They came to see us initially in second week of September. They have been back 3 times since to do site visits, collect references, ask loads of questions and OH has had to complete 2 "exam" papers - one in his skill and one in health and safety. You do really have to know your stuff so OH feels, quite rightly, v pleased with himself right now :yes:.

As well as the certificate they've given us a pack of evidence for the TRA and visa application. The assessors are also JP's so very handy for getting any other stuff certified whilst they are there.

Good luck to those in the same situation

Nicky

Guest GoodersGang

Hi

I was looking into this route for myself as a back up for my 457 visa which is not looking too promising with a recession looming.Where do you get the enrolment forms from?

Congratulations!!

thanks Steve

Guest dan&nikki
Hi, yes - it was Bruce - and his lovely wife!

i thought so!! he (and his wife) came to see us on Friday....My hubby was the very first person to do the AQF (in December last year)....they are a nice couple.

What a small world!!

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

congratulations on completing your first step. We have seen Bruce and his wife as well, however, this has been a while ago and he keeps saying they will be in touch but never actually does call back. Started to wonder if should ask for references or qualifications as so many black sheep around. Your posts all sound lovely, I would like to know why it takes them so long to get in touch with us although we have been chasing them and are desperate to get things moving.

Many thanks

hummy

Hi there!

congratulations on completing your first step. We have seen Bruce and his wife as well, however, this has been a while ago and he keeps saying they will be in touch but never actually does call back. Started to wonder if should ask for references or qualifications as so many black sheep around. Your posts all sound lovely, I would like to know why it takes them so long to get in touch with us although we have been chasing them and are desperate to get things moving.

Many thanks

hummy

I do know what you mean. We were lucky in that Bruce was in the country for a few weeks when OH was doing his but they were starting to get really busy. We did have to chase him a couple of times and he would sometimes arrive a couple of hours later than expected. However, he always picked up his phone which I think is a good sign. If someone avoids you then I start to worry. Give him a call and chase him again - I found him really laid back which is probably why he appears in no rush to get things done but I do know they had loads on and he was all over Europe, not just the UK and now the MAP isn't happening at all I suspect they are even busier. He let us have all of his and ACTS qualification certificates for our TRA application and they were all accepted.

Good luck

Nicky

:cryxmas:

• 1 month later...

Hi there!!

We have been in touch before regarding Bruce from ACTS, however, I could do with some info on their behalf.

Just before Christmas he confirmed he was going to be back in UK in February for assessment so I have been trying to get hold of him for over two weeks now, sent emails, left answerphone messages, contacted his colleagues - but no one has actually got back to me so far which leaves me with a nervous feeling as they seemed really genuine.

I would be really grateful if you could tell me more about your experience with them or if you had the same problems...

many thanks, hummy

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi hummy

I agree with you. There is laid back and there is just plain irresponsible and/or insolvent. If they are not insolvent then there is no excuse for failing to return phone calls. I would be worried as well in your shoes.

Have you tried contacting the ACTS HQ in Brisbane? If not, the details are here:

ACTS Australia | Contact Us

It could be that ACTS are concerned because ATA have now entered the UK offering the same thing as ACTS at a much lower price than ACTS want:

Australian Work Place Assessments by Australian Trade Assessments

Nonetheless, if you have paid ACTS then it is up to them to provide what they said they would provide and to do so without delay.

I would contact them in Brisbane, tell them they have 24 hours in which to contact you and that you will be contacting Trading Standards in Brisbane unless they do so. This might wake them up.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi there!!

We have been in touch before regarding Bruce from ACTS, however, I could do with some info on their behalf.

Just before Christmas he confirmed he was going to be back in UK in February for assessment so I have been trying to get hold of him for over two weeks now, sent emails, left answerphone messages, contacted his colleagues - but no one has actually got back to me so far which leaves me with a nervous feeling as they seemed really genuine.

I would be really grateful if you could tell me more about your experience with them or if you had the same problems...

many thanks, hummy

Hi Hummy

I am sorry you feel you are having problems with ACTS. As I metioned before we had to phone Bruce a couple of times when he was an hour or two later than expected but other than that we have NO complaints about ACTS. In fact I think we went through from beginning to end fairly quickly - around 6 weeks in all. He always answered his phone whenever we called and I haven't seen any negative posts on this site or any others. Have you tried contacting Pete in the UK - he was extremely helpful?

Nicky

Archived