Anyone moving to Pacific Pines?

immy21

Hi all

If anyone is moving to Pacific Pines, Gold Coast and wants to talk to an English Real Estate agent on or before arrival then I would be happy to hear from you.

I am a resident in 'Pac Pines' my daughter goes to school at 'Park Lake' state school and my wife works in many of the local schools. We have gone through the process and encountered the stresses and the beurocracy of Australia! (which is worse than the UK)

Real Estate agents here are an aggressive bunch, as they are commission only and despite the greater regulation, they mostly push the Auction process on an unwilling

public. This process 'works' the seller into letting their property go at under market value, whilst telling them they have sold to an emotional buyer paying over the odds!

Be careful! I had such a morality issue pushing this process that I left the agent (well known in OZ for Auctions) within 6 weeks to go to a non auction agent much more along the lines of what I was used to of a UK agent.

Pacific Pines demographics are as follows:-

Born in Australia 67%, New Zealand 8%, United Kingdom 7%, Germany 1%, Netherlands 1%, Philippines 0%.

As you can see lots of Brits and Kiwi's!

Please PM me if you would like me to help with advice I work for PRD Nationwide Pacific Pines FYI

Guest donovan

I know what you mean immy, and doing me REIQ makes you understand just how much they can earn.

I know a genuine real estate agent over here who a lot of Brits use as she is cheaper than the average real estate agent re her fees. If you need any help please feel free to pm me

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

Don't go to Ray White! You pay them to work there. Everything is on bill back well the toilet paper is free!

And don't believe a word they say about potential earnings they are all quoting last years figures. Only the well established agents are earning good money!

Good luck at REIQ it was a toughy!

Andrew

£182,000 that all you need to buy a 4 bedroom , 3 year old house with a double garage a swimming pool and views of the mountains.

That would buy a one bedroom flat in Bromley where I came from!

Pacific Pines is full of houses like these ripe for the picking and today the OZ govt has announced it will give you $14,000 for free just to buy one.

If you build one for around the same cost you can have the kind of house that would be worth £700,000 in Bromley for the same amount around £182,000 and then the Govt gives you $21,000

I've been swimming pretty much every day in my outdoor pool stopped watching the tele and go to the beach on my day off rather than the local indoor shopping centre

It's a no brainer!

• 1 month later...

hi

we are moving from adelaide to pacific pine next year, thanks for the advise, we will have to rent but need to buy quickly as just been in rented for too long here in SA and need a proper home, will be in touch if you dont mind for any advise

cheers julie

Archived