adeladie advice

lil

Hi all

Me, my sister and her family are in the early stages of moving to Australia and are strongly thinking of moving to Adeladie. Any informatin regarding jobs, (joiner or nusing - intellectual disability), schools, housing and general living in Adeladie woud be very useful.

Guest Guest9973

Hi Lil

It's a big question you are asking.

You might want to have a look through the old posts in this part of the forum (South Australia).Most answers and discussion are still good and current info.

Don't forget that hubby who is a Joiner will have to get a license to work here have a look at OCBA - Licensing

A lot of people don't realise they have to have licences and I'm sure agents are not telling their clients!

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget that hubby who is a Joiner will have to get a license to work here have a look at OCBA - Licensing

Adelaide is a great place to live and there is lots of building work still going on here. Hop over to "pomsinadelaide.com" where I'm sure you'll get loads of info regarding your work, etc.

Don't want to contradict Tyke, as he could be right - but I understood you only need to get a licence if you are going to be self-employed. If you are an employee with a building company, then you didn't need one as the company would be licenced. They would employ you based on your experience and qualifications. Sorry Tyke, if I have misunderstood it.

Guest Guest9973
Tyke

Do I need to get a licence as an A/C engineer?:err:

JIM:jimlad:

Hi Jim

I'm not sure............as soon as you touch the electrical side you will need to have a license or be signed off by a licensed sparky.

Guest Guest9973

Adelaide is a great place to live and there is lots of building work still going on here. Hop over to "pomsinadelaide.com" where I'm sure you'll get loads of info regarding your work, etc.

Don't want to contradict Tyke, as he could be right - but I understood you only need to get a licence if you are going to be self-employed. If you are an employee with a building company, then you didn't need one as the company would be licenced. They would employ you based on your experience and qualifications. Sorry Tyke, if I have misunderstood it.

No worries- I'm fairly sure you need a full license to do the work if you are employed as well.

My mate is head of property at a school and would not take a recently arrived Pom plumber on as he was not licensed.

I could still be wrong though.

Guest jim & nik

HI

CHEEERS TYKE

Just had paper work through from OZ house (now have case worker) found i will need a licence. But this vetassess will be my first step to get one

Guest Guest9973
HI

CHEEERS TYKE

Just had paper work through from OZ house (now have case worker) found i will need a licence. But this vetassess will be my first step to get one

Good luck!!

I'm sure you will do well here - A/C engineers are hard to get out.

I had a Pom one but he just does not anwer his phone now.

So if you are staying in Adelaide and live south I'll love to hear from you.:smile:

Archived